Dean Smith

Demitri_C

We shouldn't have a negative opinion about smith at all because "he's a Villa fan"

well so "was" craig gardner"

and it's ok to disrespect Steve Bruce and riddicule him about his appearence and how his daughter puts it about but not the sacred Dean Smith.

The fat scumbag Potatoe head bruce will get Sheffield up before Smith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember Brian Little coming in and things looked good including a 3-0 spanking of Chelsea.  Then wheels came off and we just survived relegation at the end of the season.

Team had good players that had won us the League Cup (prefer original name) the year before and runners up to Man U in the Premier League a couple of seasons before.

Little had a clearout at the end of the season and built a new squad.  Following season was memorable.

That is all

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I remember Brian Little coming in and things looked good including a 3-0 spanking of Chelsea.  Then wheels came off and we just survived relegation at the end of the season.

Team had good players that had won us the League Cup (prefer original name) the year before and runners up to Man U in the Premier League a couple of seasons before.

Little had a clearout at the end of the season and built a new squad.  Following season was memorable.

That is all

Sadly we live in short term football now and internet hysteria. Is only worst performance ever or greatest game ever. No in between

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

That is all

Give me a break.

Brian Little had promotions to his name before arriving, Dean Smith have nothing but mid table finishes to his name.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Give me a break.

Brian Little had promotions to his name before arriving, Dean Smith have nothing but mid table finishes to his name.

He also had a relegation and a number of failed promotion attempts

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

i would hope we would give Dean till this time next season at least before we write him off.

That's said i will get pretty p*ssed off if he keeps playing Adomah and Whelan every week.

I can't stand adomah, he doesn't even try anymore. It's a shame Andre Green is made out of poppadom otherwise he'd be playing instead 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

That is all

....and he had a few promotions with his previous clubs

I'd make a call on Smith's future here at the end of next season unless he has us in a relegation dog fight, which I doubt he will. Lets not forget, Bruce's first half a season here was pretty shambolic and I personally think Smith is a more capable manager for the here and now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We were never getting top 2 and nobody has said that except people a bit deluded that think we have a great squad 

Smith remit was play offs and these were teams above us when we played them

I agree we were not going to get too two but the original point is about Smith under performing in January. It can't be argued I dele as the points return has been poor. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Give me a break.

So did Bruce and he wasnt the answer.

Di Matteo had a promotion with West Brom and a European Cup to his Name.

Lambert had promotions.

Means Nothing

Apart from Di Matteo they were given time to implement their own ideas.  Bruce kept crying that first season that he needed a pre season.

As you said Little had more experience and still failed to get the team going when he came in until the start of the following season.

13 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

So did Bruce and he wasnt the answer.

Di Matteo had a promotion with West Brom and a European Cup to his Name.

Lambert had promotions.

Means Nothing

Apart from Di Matteo they were given time to implement their own ideas.  Bruce kept crying that first season that he needed a pre season.

As you said Little had more experience and still failed to get the team going when he came in until the start of the following season.

I'll say again, I genuinely feel if Di Matteo was given time we would already be in the Premier League.

His short reign was similar to Smiths, in the sense that we were VERY attacking but had glaring deficiencies in Midfield/Defence.

Due to panic we pulled the trigger and went "Safe", we then got the ultra defensive and safe we asked for.

Smith has been here a short time, and again we have showed in the past how devastating we can be on the attack, with glaring deficiencies at the back.

No coincidence that as we have gotten the defenders in, last 2 games, our keeper now looks more solid, as our defense did.

Players which have had 1 and 3 games respectively.

So we have shown we can attack, and we are now showing we can defend.

Only a matter of time before the balance is there, hopefully we can find it before Jack comes back so we have not lost too much ground.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll say again, I genuinely feel if Di Matteo was given time we would already be in the Premier League.

His short reign was similar to Smiths, in the sense that we were VERY attacking but had glaring deficiencies in Midfield/Defence.

Due to panic we pulled the trigger and went "Safe", we then got the ultra defensive and safe we asked for.

Smith has been here a short time, and again we have showed in the past how devastating we can be on the attack, with glaring deficiencies at the back.

No coincidence that as we have gotten the defenders in, last 2 games, our keeper now looks more solid, as our defense did.

Players which have had 1 and 3 games respectively.

So we have shown we can attack, and we are now showing we can defend.

Only a matter of time before the balance is there, hopefully we can find it before Jack comes back so we have not lost too much ground.

Not sure about PL, but we'd definitely have seen some better football.

Looking at how poor last season was... I think you're probably right, we'd have gone up last season.

Smith is starting further back than RDM though, having to pick up Bruce's mess of a squad. I'm not 100% certain yet Smith is the right man to rebuild the squad in the Summer. The abandonment of his style, but persistence with the formation the last month or so is a bad trait.

• Like 1

Rome wasn't built in a day.... Really hard to believe people want change again already! I know we have been struggling lately but theres so much change going on from top to bottom. Half these players know they have no future here and their playing like it! No one can guarantee success but I'm prepared to give the new regime time to take affect. 

Â