Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Avcol said:

He could bring Zinho with him to plug the gap until Grealish gets back. Romario off the bench for Tammy in the last 15 if things aren't working out would be a useful option too.

You mock, but I reckon he could persuade fat Ronaldo out of retirement. Great replacement for Tammy next season. 

• Haha 3

All this talk of Dunga is making me wanna play ISS Pro on the PlayStation. Donka in the middle spreads the ball out wide to Roberto Larcos, plays in Romedio who scores a screamer from 40 yards out. Happier times.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, jim said:

No, he has been out of work since 2016 so ideal to take the reins at a moments notice.

Bwahahahahahah. I'm sure he's waiting by the phone for the chance to live in Birmingham and manage in the Championship. Bet he's been dreaming of that for years.

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Think everyone should take a chill pill. Smith is not the messiah, nor is he totally useless. He has proven to be a competent lower league manager who has got the biggest job of his life on his hands. I hope the majority of fans back him for the next 18 months or so. Strap yourself in, order some drinks and be prepared for the championship long haul.

Smith is like the managerial equivalent of McGinn, IMO.  He works hard, but isn't anywhere near the finished article yet.  He has shown flashes of his potential, but needs a lot of time and the resources to build the team with him.  I think that was the board's intention with Smith as well.  Unless the wheels completely fall off on the pitch, they're going to stick with him over a period of time and see if he achieves their agreed upon goals.  

Edited by KMitch
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No one is saying that. DS is an average coach which is not good enough at this club. 

By the way some fans go off is that no one is good enough and that type of behaviour is ridiculous and silly. The club fell off the mountain, hit rock bottom and to get back up there we must start slow and work it all back up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

By the way some fans go off is that no one is good enough and that type of behaviour is ridiculous and silly. The club fell off the mountain, hit rock bottom and to get back up there we must start slow and work it all back up.

All good sense but the questions remain whether Smith is the guy to do that work and   how long he will get to do it.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Avcol said:

All this talk of Dunga is making me wanna play ISS Pro on the PlayStation. Donka in the middle spreads the ball out wide to Roberto Larcos, plays in Romedio who scores a screamer from 40 yards out. Happier times.

The Elstrup brothers of Denmark were always favourites of mine.

• Like 2

On 03/02/2019 at 21:47, Vive_La_Villa said:

I disagree. I prefer a manager that believes that what they are doing will come good rather than one that runs out of ideas and begins a process of trial and error.  

But 1 win in 10 says it isn't working. You're right though he isn't in the process of trial and error he's in the process of error and error. The fact that he is doing the same thing every game despite it clearly not working says to me he has run out of ideas so will just keep going with the same in the hope that somehow it'll have a different result in the next game. 

Edited by Stuartc445
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stuartc445 said:

But 1 win in 10 says it isn't working. You're right though he isn't in the process of trial and error he's in the process of error and error. The fact that he is doing the same thing every game despite it clearly not working says to me he has run out of ideas so will just keep going with the same in the hope that somehow it'll have a different result in the next game. 

Sorry I don't agree, still to early to tell whether Smith is rite or not.

Look how long some managers get in this league and some of you are thinking of having Smith's head in what will of been around 3 quarters of a season around. It's sad and it's a joke to think how much you turn against coaches or managers as soon as things hit a bad patch. I just don't understand why the hell some people change there minds tbat much on a manager/coach, especially when the owners support Smith for the foreseeable future. The owners obviously have a plan, Smith would be out of here if they didn't see him as the man for now or down the line and I don't know why you can't fall in line and drum up support.

Really it's why the atmosphere turns toxic so fast is because of fans who think it's clever and stop there support of managers all because they hit a bump in the road. It's this type of supporting that leads our owners to start rushing and making rash bad decisions.

Watch a similar thing will happen soon like it did with bruce and the cabbage only this time it will be totally uncalled for and the feeling of total disrespect will stench all round it. In a way I feel for some managers and coaches having to put up with such a nasty crowd, we could be better, much better and one way would 've is to be alot more supportive especially when things are going bad. To much toxic behaviour and there is definitely no way of winning matches, some level of support and there maybe a chance that a squad playing poorly can win some games.

There is also the fact that while certain fans on here are starting to blame Smith, you are also missing one point. That exact same squad under bruce went on similar runs for winning and losing, doesn't that tell you something, that it's just much more than one man's managing or coaching.

I would put a bet that when the majority of players have gone who were there under bruce Mcginn, Tuanzebe and grealish excused,  that our team will start acting and behaving more like a championship side, winning more regular, being more consistent and battling more for the win, we just have to be patient.

That with some people though, patience, it's like its impossible for some to put into practice, whether you like it or not the club is in a direction now and it will go as slow as it needs to in order to get it rite, no more crazy SEPPUKU at the expense of our club.

9 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Smith has an attacking style of football which needs younger, fitter, ambitious footballers to make it work. We have to get through the next three and a half months as best we can and then start to build a Smith team.

Yeah that should get us 9th.

7 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

Depends on how you luck at it. Smith may see it as 2 wins in last 8 league games and only 1 defeat. Some of the draws we should have won. Not good enough but hardly enough to completely change things.  He feels there has been improvement in the last 3 games from early Jan so why should he change it? You can see the players know what they have to do. They just aren’t executing it well. 

Then again he could mix it up every game so the players look clueless. 

You’d have a field day with that. 

• Like 1

Â