Dean Smith

Demitri_C

To slate Brentford after he left but not highlight that there new manager has also turned them around into good form with 3 wins on the bounce. 

Brentford with their 8 losses are now only 6 points behind us with a game in hand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

On the flip side we just keep a crap manager just because? 

He is an average mid table championship manager and that exactly what he will turn us into if we keep him beyond the summer. 

I disagree, this club does have the pull to attract a better calibre if manager. 

I think you're wrong. 

4 minutes ago, jim said:

He is an average mid table championship manager and that exactly what he will turn us into if we keep him beyond the summer. 

I disagree, this club does have the pull to attract a better calibre if manager. 

Who would you suggest Jim?

1 minute ago, Dale said:

I think you're wrong. 

We’ll see but his record hardly instills confidence.

I’ll be the first to admit it if I’m wrong. But I won’t be. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

The Brazilian? Is he working a team the moment?

No, he has been out of work since 2016 so ideal to take the reins at a moments notice.

16 minutes ago, Avcol said:

Bournemouth were bankrolled by Maxim Demin. Brentford to my knowledge don't have a sugar daddy. Not to say Eddie Howe hasn't done a fantastic job but Bournemouth did have plenty of resources. Didn't need to sell their players every summer.

Benham (their owner) has put in millions of his personal fortune and is currently half-way through building a new stadium for Brentford. I’m not sure what the tipping point is to change someone from being and owner to a sugar daddy but I’d be fairly sure Benham passed that mark a long time ago.

Highly unlikely Brentford would even exist without him. 

7 minutes ago, jim said:

I’m not so sure. 

37 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yeah, and your team went on this fantastic run after Smith left:

Wins: 1

Draws: 1

Losses: 8

You guys were promotion contenders before he left, now you're just a bottom half team.  I think he massively improved you from where you would be without him.

He hadn’t won in his last 5 before joint us. Hardly promotion form and suggest they were already on a downward spiral. 

Edited by jim

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

Benham (their owner) has put in millions of his personal fortune and is currently half-way through building a new stadium for Brentford. I’m not sure what the tipping point is to change someone from being and owner to a sugar daddy but I’d be fairly sure Benham passed that mark a long time ago.

Highly unlikely Brentford would even exist without him. 

I stand corrected. Let's get Dunga in 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jim said:

No, he has been out of work since 2016 so ideal to take the reins at a moments notice.

Hasn’t worked in over two years, no experience of managing even in Europe let alone England, what do you think qualifies him for the job?

He could play a bit though, slot nicely into our central midfield. May not exactly fit the lowering of the average age of the team though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Hasn’t worked in over two years, no experience of managing even in Europe let alone England, what do you think qualifies him for the job?

He could play a bit though, slot nicely into our central midfield. May not exactly fit the lowering of the average age of the team though. 

He's also a dead ringer for John Terry which would confuse things a bit.

Â