Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

His subs against swansea were game changing in a negative way aswell. Taking off the link man O'Hare.

and his subs against Leeds were the same took off Kodjia who was occupying their LB.

against PReston they were like for like wingers for wingers had no impact at all.

Where I work we would be calling him press and guess.

I wouldn't say different opinions about subs leads to the conclusion that the job is too big for him. The examples you give are imo not as incomprehensible as the one's under the last manager for example.

His reasoning in the post game interviews why he took O'Hare off (and Elphick off today) were understandable to me, although I dont think it was the right decisions. But certainly not press and guess for me.

Against Swansea after the subs and going 4-4-2 we created more and looked better imo, mainly because of Lansbury.

The Preston example I agree it didn't improve and the Leeds example is debatable.

All in all not enough for me to reach that conclusion. 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I am perhaps not the best person to ask, as I was never convinced by appointment in the first place. 

What I fear is we give him the benefit of the doubt over the summer - give him the cash from the Grealish sale - then find out early next season, actually he isn't the man for us - and begin another manager hunt after the season has started.

I think you are actually the best person to ask if you doubt him. What should the club do right now in your opinion?

Rumours true or false

After the swansea defeat - the next training session - the villa players under DS' guidance watched a video of the Liverpool v Man City game

John Terry only works 2 days per week + match days

The players got a mega bollocking v leeds at HT - Which has planted seeds of discontent - yet to heal

Just now, TRO said:

I think Axel too, has been a bigger miss than we think.

both had presence and a will to win too.

I agree...he's been our best defender this year. He has the pace at least we lack with the current options and he was really good on the ball. Unlike our debutant today!

Just now, hippo said:

Rumours true or false

After the swansea defeat - the next training session - the villa players under DS' guidance watched a video of the Liverpool v Man City game

The players got a mega bollocking v leeds at HT - Which has planted seeds of discontent - yet to heal

Definitely the vicar with the iron pipe in the library

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, hippo said:

Rumours true or false

The players got a mega bollocking v leeds at HT - Which has planted seeds of discontent - yet to hea

It's not a rumour that you would jump on such rumours. 

We have to put numbers in midfield until we can bring players in who can cope.

too may 3-0 against modest opposition and we will have a crisis of confidence.

its like getting beat up by Jimmy Krankie or (for the old 'uns) Jimmy Clitheroe.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rumours true or false

If that is the case, then we have the wrong characters at the club.

Clearout.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Actually I look to Watford and Leeds who seem to change managers every few months until they get it right. They seem to do better by making a change when things go wrong - rather than hoping the current incumbent comes good.

I think the only teams this ‘change managers regularly with relative success’ applies to is Watford and maybe Chelsea, and even then it’s the timeframe of ‘season’ not months. Leeds have been turd for about 10 years and have only got 1 appointment right with a world class coach. What you’re advocating for is what every club does anyway, don’t get ‘relative’ success and the manager gets the chop. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

No, but I also didn’t expect to go to Derby and Boro and score 6 without reply. 

I agree. And it's conversations like this that seem to illuminate current politics. 

Edit. Imo. 

Edited by praisedmambo

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You should post in a way that shows you feel that way then mate because all you’re doing is giving the impression you want him gone. 

He deserves a while longer. Its the blind faith him that I couldn't fathom.

It doesn't really matter -if he doesn't rack up a few wins in the next 10-12 games - he will go.  whatever you or I think.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

If that is the case, then we have the wrong characters at the club.

Clearout.

True - but managing footballers has never been easy - if it was they wouldn't be so highly paid.

Â