Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Skruff said:

We try to play out of defence but we don't have right  the players.

We try to play long balls but we don't have the right players.

We try to play on the counter but we don't have the right players. 

We try to play a pressing game but we don't have the right players. 

Shambles. Terrible. 

So in summary, we don't have the right players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not calling for his head. Far from it.

But the part in bold is the kind of thing people got mocked for saying about Steve Bruce.

To be fair, when it was said about Bruce, the shambles of a football team he needed time to fix was the one he built. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not calling for his head. Far from it.

But the part in bold is the kind of thing people got mocked for saying about Steve Bruce.

Im calling for it. He should never have been appointed in the first place. Just because he cleaned Villa park when he was a lad. Forget about the non existent tatics, players not having a clue what to do with the ball when they get it, but playing Hourihane week in week out is a stackable offence on its own. Fecking butterfly 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its been coming imo.....but if you say anything at games, its deemed as negative.

Yes you are right TRO - this defeat has been coming.

i only hope that we've bottomed out now and some new faces come in before Hull 😕

Smith's problem is he's trying to play his style of football without Grealish and Tuanzebe in the side who were vital to what we were doing. He's now continued to try and play it and our defenders and midfielders just aren't good enough to execute it.

He needs to change the way we are playing instead of just pressing on with it, it doesn't have to be long term but just until we have players who can hold and play on the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

To be fair, when it was said about Bruce, the shambles of a football team he needed time to fix was the one he built. 

It was being said, and mocked,  in his first season when he'd inherited RDM's team.

When Smith came here I never doubted his coaching ability, I worried the players would not have the respect for a manager like Smith. His inexperience seems to be showing a little, with his inability to motivate big players. 

It's not all these players are shite, its the fact they did not put a shift in today and that is only down to the motivation the manager is putting forward. When players come out after half time and look worse, that worries me!  Lets hope he can turn this round, cause something was not right today.

Do a few know they are going to be replaced soon maybe??

• Like 2

That performance was inexcusable. If it was a one of you could forgive it but we have getting worse every game for the past month or so.  Yes we miss Grealish but we shouldn’t turn to shit with the loss of one player.

I still think way to much emphasis keeps being put on the coaching for our problems. Same happened with Bruce and I used to defend him for that and now it will happen with Smith. It’s the players, they aren’t good enough and they don’t care! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Im calling for it. He should never have been appointed in the first place. Just because he cleaned Villa park when he was a lad. Forget about the non existent tatics, players not having a clue what to do with the ball when they get it, but playing Hourihane week in week out is a stackable offence on its own. Fecking butterfly 

Who would you play in midfield then?

And who would you have appointed as manager?

If the club and Smith were under the impression that the squad just needed a few tweaks then surely that thought has now evaporated. We need a serious overhaul and need to accept that all we can do at this point is to start to build for the future and don’t even think about promotion. I think Purslow was possibly at this point when he said promotion wasn’t a priority this season. Smith and the coaches should  by then have made it clear to the hierarchy that the squad is rubbish, most of them over paid rubbish. 

The whole culture needs to change. The board have chosen Smith as manager and should know that his style of management both on and off the pitch isn’t suited to a team full of older, comfortable players with little desire and energy. Tinkering won’t get us far, we had a few good games but you have to have the passion and drive to do it week in and week out. Smith said after the previous debacle that the rest should be more like McGinn. To play a high energy, high pressing game that is exactly what we need. It’s pointless knocking the manager at this stage. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be doing better, but we have to stick to a philosophy, because if we change to suit the players then we will never progress. The lunatics cannot be allowed to run the asylum. 

The club has made a positive decision to appoint Smith, they can’t show weakness at the first sign of trouble. We have to at least allow Smith to play out his hand. Not supporting him now, whether you think his appointment is the right one or not, is surely just plain wrong. 

• Like 4

Just now, wilko154 said:

Smith's problem is he's trying to play his style of football without Grealish and Tuanzebe in the side who were vital to what we were doing. He's now continued to try and play it and our defenders and midfielders just aren't good enough to execute it.

He needs to change the way we are playing instead of just pressing on with it, it doesn't have to be long term but just until we have players who can hold and play on the ball.

Hasn't he done that? We have been a lot more negative recently, sitting too deep and lacking aggression.

When he joined. A lot of my Walsall supporting mates from home fell over themselves to tell me to expect ridiculous ups and down.

Every single one of them told me Smith was a ‘streaky’ manager so expect runs of wins followed by inexplicable runs of bad results. Looks like we’ve been through the first loop. Hopefully this is the end of the down swing!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Calling for Dean Smith's head after a defeat, absolutely pathetic.

It's becoming like the Facebook groups on here. 

Get a grip guy's, the bloke needs time and transfer windows to sort out this absolute mess of a football team.

Its 1 win in 6 and 2 wins in 9.

I don't think it is just today. We have been getting worse each week since the Boro game which is probably why people are starting to doubt him. Back to back 3-0 defeats to Swansea and Wigan is never going to help either.

We are not just losing, we are been played off the park.

• Like 1

Â