Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Need to see some effort in either moving on the players as they clearly don’t care or creating the infamous bomb squad again despite how much it would cost us. Otherwise it will be the more of the same each week and he will eventually lose his job, seen it far too often. 

• Like 1

He's made the same subs each week, often replacing the wingers and bringing hogan on for 10-15. Today I thought we'd at least maybe try Davis out as we'd been totally appalling the entire game and at least attempt to change the system. Nope, straight swaps in defensive areas. Hause for Elphick?! Bizarre. Whelan is just shocking. At least adomah whipped in a dangerous cross, more than El Ghazi did all game.  

This bloke has lost me today. Worst we've served up in our championship existence so far. Farcical defensively and not a clue without grealish going forward. Zero shots on target! 3-0 didnt even flatter them. Every player must have shovels for feet judging by their first touch. Mcginn once again only player with any credit. Argh it's so frustrating. We will never get it right.

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

You can't write him off as a manager because of a bad performance today. He hasn't had a full window or summer window yet.

The midfield and defence are massively letting us down at the moment and as of yet he hasn't been able to recruit any players to fix it.

I bet that has been written on here for every Manager we’ve had. You can’t give him funding and two windows if he can’t even get the absolute basics right and is showing such utter incompetence. That would be madness. 

Giving crap Managers time and funding is exactly what has set us back for so long as it takes years to resolve the mistakes they make. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its no good panicking.....and its no good changing managers, every time of a collapse.

but today has gone a long way to dispelling the notion that problems against Leeds is the quality of the opposition....top half v bottom half.....its our players, not the opposition.

We have clear and present danger, with some of our players.....we need to deal with it, sooner rather than later.

I still see no fight in our lot.

Been out and only been able to listen to the last 20 minutes on the radio.

All i have heard is things like 'can't win the header', 'loses out in the tackle', '2nd to the ball'.

We have too many soft, comfortable players. They don't put the required effort in, they are slow and weak on the ball, they don't take responsibility, and are happy to just go through the motions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Calling for Dean Smith's head after a defeat, absolutely pathetic.

It's becoming like the Facebook groups on here. 

Get a grip guy's, the bloke needs time and transfer windows to sort out this absolute mess of a football team.

I'm not calling for his head. Far from it.

But the part in bold is the kind of thing people got mocked for saying about Steve Bruce.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

This got me over the line, i will be the first to say it.

DS Out!

We're 1-0 down and he sub on Whelan and Hause, what the actual f***. DS what the hell are you doing? Have you actually lost it? Job too big for you?

I understand it from the point that we didn't even have a foothold in the game, we couldn't get out of our own final 3rd and we needed to get hold of the game and use the ball better at the back because we weren't able to get the ball to our forwards in to feet(I'm not saying I agree but I understand).

I don't think elphick should have been subbed, but if it was Hause for Taylor then I'd have agreed.

The trouble is the guys that came on had a **** nightmare.

We try to play out of defence but we don't have right  the players.

We try to play long balls but we don't have the right players.

We try to play on the counter but we don't have the right players. 

We try to play a pressing game but we don't have the right players. 

Shambles. Terrible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Calling for Dean Smith's head after a defeat, absolutely pathetic.

It's becoming like the Facebook groups on here. 

Get a grip guy's, the bloke needs time and transfer windows to sort out this absolute mess of a football team.

It's not the defeat that is the problem, it's the manner. It's how we lose.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'm not calling for his head. Far from it.

But the part in bold is the kind of thing people got mocked for saying about Steve Bruce.

Yeh I get that, but given time and a couple of transfer windows and he got us to the playoffs. We just never progressed after that.

I understand everyones frustrations though, we seem to be going backwards and the substitutions are farcical.

• Like 1

Â