Dean Smith

Demitri_C

12 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I wanted us to dominate today like we did against boro and scum, but we didn't. I'm not sure if it's Dean's fault or not.

Never bring in Kodjia again though.

WBA has the second best squad in the championship. It is never going to be a walkover when you play a team who is of similar quality to yourself.

Edited by Made In Aston

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

WBA has the second best squad in the championship. It is never going to be a walkover when you play a team who is of similar quality to yourself.

Yeah WBA are a seriously good side on paper.

Been a class act since he walked through the door. Knows what he wants and knows how to make the right steps to achieve what he wants. Over the moon knowing we have one of the modern new breed of managers leading us finally. Refreshingl post match interview last night, any other Villa fan wouldnt be that calm after such events.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watching the highlights it's incredible we don't win the game after all the chances we are creating.  Need to be more clinical

Yeah if we were more clinical.....boy! :)

I think it's semi comical that if other players were missing the glaring chances abraham was missing quite a few ppl on this forum would be screaming for them to be dropped.

granted he scores a few , but I'm undecided if the ones he misses are forgivable because he gets himself in positions to score or miss, would be interested to see how another decent striker would do scoring wise in this DS system so I have something to compare against.

56 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we started Hogan in that game we would have won. Ah, hindsight is a beautiful thing

Get what you are trying to say, however it is flawed as I assume you are basing this purely on poaching, finishing and haggling.

Thing is Tammy offerd more than goald, he also offers presence offensivley/defensively and link up play.

Now if you say, had we brought on Hogan instead of Kodjia we win that game, I'd probably have to agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Get what you are trying to say, however it is flawed as I assume you are basing this purely on poaching, finishing and haggling.

Thing is Tammy offerd more than goald, he also offers presence offensivley/defensively and link up play.

Now if you say, had we brought on Hogan instead of Kodjia we win that game, I'd probably have to agree.

No, this team is perfect for a player like Hogan. Just look at the boro game we got chance straight away and scored when he came on.

Dean Smith is a perfect manager for Hogan, we saw that at Brentford. I'm almost 100% sure Hogan would get a 100 % chance if he played. I'm not saying we should start Hogan over Abraham, no way but in hindsight i think Hogan would have scored.

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Been a class act since he walked through the door. Knows what he wants and knows how to make the right steps to achieve what he wants. Over the moon knowing we have one of the modern new breed of managers leading us finally. Refreshingl post match interview last night, any other Villa fan wouldnt be that calm after such events.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I really like his post match interviews, no cliches no bullshit. Actually talks about what happened and goes over incidents from the game. Not afraid to say we played bad or played well

Totally agree with both of you.

It's just a whole different feel altogether and we actually feel like we are getting somewhere under this manager and his team. Open, honest and to the point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah if we were more clinical.....boy! :)

I think it's semi comical that if other players were missing the glaring chances abraham was missing quite a few ppl on this forum would be screaming for them to be dropped.

granted he scores a few , but I'm undecided if the ones he misses are forgivable because he gets himself in positions to score or miss, would be interested to see how another decent striker would do scoring wise in this DS system so I have something to compare against.

He got his share of criticism. 

Too much in my opinion. ;)

Edited by AVTuco

I can't recall a more attack-minded, 'let's extend the lead rather than sit back on it'-type manager since the days of Big Fat Ron's claret and blue army. I actually enjoy watching my team play football and it's been a long, long time since I've been able to say that. Win, lose or draw - home or away, you know that DS will never play cagey for a draw, we'll go out to win the game by as many goals as possible and I for one love it. UTV.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

No, this team is perfect for a player like Hogan. Just look at the boro game we got chance straight away and scored when he came on.

Dean Smith is a perfect manager for Hogan, we saw that at Brentford. I'm almost 100% sure Hogan would get a 100 % chance if he played. I'm not saying we should start Hogan over Abraham, no way but in hindsight i think Hogan would have scored.

1. He will get his chance, i'm sure of it.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

The evidence was definitely there at Brentford. No reason to believe Smith couldn't get the best out of him again, especially in this system. 

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The evidence was definitely there at Brentford. No reason to believe Smith couldn't get the best out of him again, especially in this system. 

Think a good sign was showed vs boro too, looked really good when he came on. We even scored a goal off his chance

Â