Dean Smith

Demitri_C

54 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I wanted us to dominate today like we did against boro and scum, but we didn't. I'm not sure if it's Dean's fault or not.

Never bring in Kodjia again though.

Was a derby though, just like blues we didnt really dominate that as much. I think at moment if you play scrappy we struggle a bit but hopefully other teams havent copped onto that yet

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Was a derby though, just like blues we didnt really dominate that as much. I think at moment if you play scrappy we struggle a bit but hopefully other teams havent copped onto that yet

Only baggies who look at this as a derby.

I couldn't care less about West Brom, never have, never will.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

yeah but they played it as a derby hence why it was so scrappy

Dont think we played it like we did against birmingham, we treated that as a derby and any midland team playing us is going to treat it as such, think that was our mistake.

We should of won hands down if only Tammy had of scored in his 3 to 5 chances that he had.

There goal I'd absolutely outrageous thievery,  it shouldn't of been aloud to stand some as and baggies supporters think it wasn't even hand ball, bunch if idiots.

They did play well but I kept saying it towards the end, we must keep possesion more and not let them drive the game, they wanted the equaliser and we pretty much served it up to them.

One thing is we didn't lose, but now we need the top bunch to slip up or the game increases again, we could go as much 12 points behind Norwich when they finished there next game, that's four games we could now be stretched to.

We had a few players at fault today, not just one like I've been reading it seems lime many are aiming at Nyland. If our defence was on the ball instead of slipping over, being caught way to much on counter attacks, we could of pulled a win here.

High tempo teams same as ours were struggling with at the moment. I can understand it as Smith is having to make do with what's available. we need reinforcements in, can't wait till January. We haven't been playing anywhere near our way for as long as these teams have in there way in the championship, still tons of work to do but we will get there.

They are tough teams, well oiled, drilled, to do what we do in such a short space of time is pretty outstanding.

On 03/12/2018 at 22:47, sidcow said:

One thing I like is the media are now all saying he was the right appointment. 

Thank god we don't have to put up with the "should've kept with the proven Bruce" rhetoric.  It's been such a dramatic and unequivocall turnaround there is just no questioning it. 

Do you have a link to some of those articles please mate? I kinda need a decent read about the Villa after my works Christmas do!

Albion managers says his team didn't deserve to lose, I would say they did and all because of one controversial moment that spoilt the whole game.

I should be saying Albion played to there best and gave us as good as what we have them, yet i feel every enjoyement all the players from both teams made, all that great playing turned to sour milk in the end.

If that result had of stood as it should of stood 2-1 I would be saying well done Albion but I just can't and all because of one player who committed plain rite thievery at 90 minutes. The fact that Rodriguez has admitted it, should be overturned, do the rite thing during the game so it could of been disallowed. What really gets me annoyed is how Rodthievez turned round and said also that he didnt know what happened, be knew what happened he handballed it not once but twice. What's even worse is the linesman who said it was a goal was in clear sight of that player. He was standing smack bang to the side where our goal was, then he had the ordasity to run to the ref and say it should stand. Even Dean Smith seen it from half way up the pitch and thousands of fans so that one person who could of done the rite thing lied through his teeth.

You would honestly think with the way this season has gone with officials that they are bent and they're corrupt as anything, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. If they are not corrupt then they are thick is pig crap and need sorting out. No one wants us getting promotion and that stench is even coming from the officials, I think the officials clearly have there favourites in the league.

I so wish the championship had replay tech, it's about time it did have up and down all of the leagues. After tonight there should be more shout outs for it even more in the championship a league where promotion is super important.

Sorry if I'm ranting, think this one has really got  to me.

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Do you have a link to some of those articles please mate? I kinda need a decent read about the Villa after my works Christmas do!

Sorry mate, mainly TV commentary was where I got this from. 

We were far the better side in the majority of the game and created far the better chances. That said I still think we could have been better! To think where we were a couple of months ago, Smith and his team are doing a fantastic job so far. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Was a good article on Football 365 a few weeks back which didnt follow the Bruce narrative

22 hours ago, Junxs said:

Lost out to Daniel Farke for the manager of the month accolade 

Still a testament to how well he's done that in his first full month he was nominated for the award and had equal points with the eventual winner Farke.

Personally I couldn't give a Farke who is manager of the month 🙂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Villa park to St. Andrews - 11 minutes by car on google maps.  

Villa Park to the Hawthorns -12 minutes by car on google maps.

Id say this is a local derby.

maybe not THE local derby, but it’s a local derby

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rotterdam82 said:

Smith messed up in this occasion IMO..Kodjia should be the last player to come on in that scenario.  He's far too lazy and just likes to showboat.  Not sure what he gives us anymore!

There has been games in the past where we've won because of his ability to hold onto the ball or draw fouls. 

Shit happens. I blame the keeper more than most because if he wasn't such a coward and took control of the situation then Rodriguez wouldn't have got anywhere near it. We desperately need to sign Heaton. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rotterdam82 said:

Smith messed up in this occasion IMO..Kodjia should be the last player to come on in that scenario.  He's far too lazy and just likes to showboat.  Not sure what he gives us anymore!

It's a shame we didn't have Adomah on the bench as he would have been the perfect replacement for Bolasie last night, or Elmo and switch with El Ghazi but unfortunately he was already on for Taylor.

Kodjia doesn't track back as much as we need wingers to (although he's got better), he also seemed intent on cutting inside and going for glory when we needed to retain possesion for the last few minutes.

Personally would have had him on earlier but for Abraham who had a bad day at the office.

Â