Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Lost out to Daniel Farke for the manager of the month accolade 

Still a testament to how well he's done that in his first full month he was nominated for the award and had equal points with the eventual winner Farke.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Every team has good fortune. If you were to break leeds's performances down then I'm sure they would have equal amounts of good luck. 

Of course.

But wouldn't say it was equal, havent had a penalty for nearly 60 games and Blades should have had 2 players sent off last game.

Wooah is us.

16 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Bielsa has been my favourite coach in the world for years. That will probably change pretty quickly with Smith coming to Villa. Though that's neither here nor there.

You say performances have dropped but outside of a loss to WBA you are on a very nice run of form. Looking at the stats I'm guessing the WBA game was more a case of things not going your way on the day than it was the brilliance of WBA? Same as the game against Forest, you tick the boxes for a victory but the result doesn't reflect the performance?

Outside of Hernandez (who is arguably the best in the league in his position) and Bielsa I really don't know what your team is capable of.

I called it from the minute Bielsa was announced as Leeds' that you would be on your way to promotion. He has done some truly remarkable things with squads you would of thought destined to make up the numbers or even drop a division.

Smith was the only domestic coach id have wanted after Hecky. Was surprised your owners faffed about with Henry and co since Smith seemed obvious.

WBA was the only game this season where we deserved nothing, thats probably influencing my opinions on them vs you. 

They were just much better that day with a gameplan done to perfection, at the end of the day a good gameplan and better individuals will win.

Our other dropped points there are strong arguments that we should and could have won, Birmingham we didnt have Roofe and Hernandez, tons of chances highly doubt we wouldn't have won with them.

Swansea we lost our captain in the warmup and had no cb that day.

Forest again lost of chances there 1 on target went in.

Brentford again missed chances, no Roofe and Hernandez and conceded a debatable pen.

Wednesday the same missed chances no Roofe and Hernandez and Bamford of course was out for the same games as Roofe and Hernandez.

Bielsa has done a phenomenal job, given the injuries we have had. People say we are no wolves, Fulham etc.

But without those injuries i think we'd be pushing 50points. 

Hernandez is just a genius, he has been involved in a goal or assist every game.

We are like you under Dean Smith, but maybe lacking the individual quality but slightly better at the tactical side, winning the ball back better, conceding less chances etc.

What Bielsa has done is amazing given the injuries and the fact the side is almost the same as last season.

We do have good players, maybe not big names apart from Pablo.

But Douglas, Forshaw, Bamford all won promotion from this league.

Klich is a superb on the ball, 5 goals and 5 assists from midfield while taking no set pieces. 

Jansson is imo the best cb in the league. 

Roofe is a decent finisher and link man.

Bamford has a nearly 1 in 2 record in this league while playing in a variety of positions. 

Izzy Brown is quality if he can regain fitness and form.

Ayling isnt the best defensively but his energy is crucial in the style we play.

And Jack Clarke our latest wonderkid, Chelsea and Man City are after him (he turned down City once before).

Such admiration for Bielsa just hope his stubbornness doesnt cost us.

We dont need much in January.

Good goalie,  good cb and probably a quality winger (although if Jack stays probably not).

Only 3 managers have deservedly got something off Bielsa imo.

Darren Moore, Tony Mowbray and Dean Smith, although the pen was debatable and the ref was dire, his tactics were good.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

I wanted us to dominate today like we did against boro and scum, but we didn't. I'm not sure if it's Dean's fault or not.

Never bring in Kodjia again though.

West Brom matched us in quality and is probably the only team in the league that will do that.

Boro are playing not to lose, West Brom play to win that's the difference.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It feels like every game is against really tought opponents yet we should we winning them all! I really hope we continue to play like this when we finally get easier games. We’ll be smashing teams!

As well as the clear improvements in the style of play, when considering the effect Smith has had the team with regard to results, you have to consider the strenght of opposition. 

The bloke is taking us up this season.  

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

I wanted us to dominate today like we did against boro and scum, but we didn't. I'm not sure if it's Dean's fault or not.

Never bring in Kodjia again though.

We were the better team tonight tho. Without a doubt. Should of had them buried long before Rodriguez cheated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

West Brom matched us in quality and is probably the only team in the league that will do that.

Boro are playing not to lose, West Brom play to win that's the difference.

They did well, that is true.

From now until the end of the season i think we will gain more points than any other team in the EFL. If any of the teams above us can match it then they go up.

For me,  as thing stand, we are the best team in the EFL and If we don't go up this season then next season we will 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

If we don't go up this season then next season we will 

Our squad will be decimated in the summer if we don't go up this season. Between Grealish/mcginn/Abraham/etc. leaving we'll also have alot of deadwood Hutton/Adomah/etc. leaving. If we don't go up this season the rebuild next summer will be huge and there's no guarantee we will get it right. 

We've pricked around with terrible managers in this tinpot league long enough. It's sad that now that we finally have a good manager there's zero margin for error. 

Edited by villa89

Just need to be professional now. It's a point. Get ready for stoke now. Strong possibility Rowett gets the door if they lose tomorrow i reckon. Hope he doesn't. Hate playing teams who have new manager bounce or get a lift because a new guy is coming in.

24 minutes ago, tinker said:

From now until the end of the season i think we will gain more points than any other team in the EFL. If any of the teams above us can match it then they go up.

For me,  as thing stand, we are the best team in the EFL and If we don't go up this season then next season we will 

I have faith in Smith long term but our front 3 that started today are all on loan. These guys are all too good for this division & will be looking to aim higher if we are still in the Champ next year. Add our best CB this season to that and possibly Grealish. It will be a big overhaul again next year.

Â