Dean Smith

Demitri_C

So impressed by this guy. Seen his interview on AVTV after the match and the last line was so refreshing when asked about Birmingham " They play differently to derby so we will have to prepare accordingly " ( paraphrasing slightly, didn't get it word for word but basically that ) Bruce would play on the emotional aspect of derby day to get em fired up . Smith has zero interest in that. Birmingham will be studied in depth and we will train hard and take that into match day . Almost cold and calculated but love it.

• Like 2

Love it when I hear Smith talking about "setting traps" for the opposition. 

We set up our stall and knew it would be a cagey affair, with both teams playing a similar style.

We set traps for them. We wanted their centre-halves to have it and block things off.

Tom Huddlestone had too much of the ball in the first half, but then Tammy Abraham took him out of the game and we worked our chances.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/11/10/the-boss-smith-on-derby-triumph

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

It's really difficult not to be a cheap swine and have a pop at Bruce. 

BUT. He gave it his all and was way too short on a huge budget without any sort of plan. Four or five weeks in with Smith and it's a million miles away from the usual. 

Loving it. More to come. 

6 minutes ago, Dave J said:

To be honest I have had a full day of DIY was it as convincing as the scoreline ?

We could have easily have conceded the first and it is QPR all over again. Saying that we could easily have scored 7 ourselves. 

Football swings on big moments. 3-0 win away and I am in dreamland. Another day Derby take their chances and we are the ones who lose 3-0 and rue not taking ours first.

• Thanks 1

Â