Dean Smith

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dean Smith when asked, "Why were you shouting at your players to get up whilst 2-0 up? Surely you could have sat back and played it safe? Why take the risk?"

Image may contain: one or more people and text

The best post I have ever seen....ever.

It's hard to believe that is our manager talking. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Still early days but either Smith is a top coach, Bruce is a very average one, or a bit of both. 

We’ve only had to wait 2 and half bloody years to play so called rival big club at their own ground and say who the f**k are you! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

And by the way. For those many many people (not necessarily on here but generally) banging on about Brentford being all about this mystical system and Smith having nothing to do with it.  Anyone taken a look at their form since Smith left? 

Instead of the seamless transition with the system continuing almost unaltered,  the wheels look like they have come off. 

What a load of old bllollox that was. 

Direction and success comes from the top down, not from the bottom up.  

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Have gone from hesitant and relieved to cautiously optimistic about this appointment.

Looking forward to what we can achieve once we can address our situation on the flanks in January.

This probably one of the best away performances I have witnessed as a villa fan. Last one was Liverpool away and even that game was like a bit of a smash or grab.

We totally outclassed the opposition in the 2nd half. Crisp passing of different variety, players moving off the ball and creating openings.

I also don't think that this is a one off. There are plenty more things that we can build upon but my gosh that was the exciting piece of football I have seen from this Club in a long time.

- 21 shots

- 82.2% passing 

- 53.4%

- 18 key passes

- 62 recoveries

Yes please!

• Like 4

Â