Dean Smith

Demitri_C

32 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It's a mentality thing. Shrug shoulders go for a meal and move on to next season.

We're Aston Villa. A big club apparently.

Celebrate tonight. Start work tomorrow to ensure we don't go through this again. 

Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, romavillan said:

You think us celebrating staying up on the last day after being odds on (massively) for the drop is the reason why we don't win things? Have you actually seen the **** state of who has been in charge (including Doug) since we last won stuff? Carp on about mentality all you like mate but suggesting that celebrating staying up after coming up through the playoffs, having to replace 17 (SEVENTEEN) players going out of the club and try and stay in the division, is bollocks.

Lol. My comment was a response to Keane's comments and why he's making them. Evidently you didn't read my whole post as I suggested that maybe he sees Villa have huge potential eventually to be challenging for the title. 

We didn't win the league. Stayed up by one point. Celebrate but don't go overboard next season starts on 12.9.2020. 

When Zat Knight scored that equaliser against Arsenal boxing Day at the final whistle we celebrated like we'd won the league. 3 players walked off with a disappointed look as we'd just totally outplayed Arsenal but couldn't score. 

Barry Milner and Young. Pfft mentality.

Edit : they are also professional athletes and with a short turnaround I wouldn't want our players to get excessive amounts of alcohol in the system. 

Edited by Sulberto21

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

So genuine question...

Does anyone still want him gone? Intrigued for your reasoning why if so...

He has earnt a stay of execution (and proved me wrong) but there is a lot that still needs to change and improve at the club. Let's hope we are in safe hands.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Already popping up about Smith's replacement:

Aston Villa boss Dean Smith 'to be replaced by Bruno Lage' despite Premier League survival

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1314668/Aston-Villa-news-Dean-Smith-replaced-Bruno-Lage-Premier-League-survival

The owners are not this daft, it is so bloody clear. We are not Watford.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think not many people have credited Smith for this but since the restart our defence has massively improved.

We look a lot more cohesive and organised in general, all over the pitch since the restart.

Joe Cole did some half decent analysis on what we are doing differently defensively post-lockdown before the match today.

Â