Dean Smith

Demitri_C

That was an absolute masterclass today. Deano got it spot on. 

Defended superbly when Arsenal had the ball but we counted strongly and had a fair few chances ourselves when we got up the pitch. Not a single shot on target from Arsenal. Absolutely phenomenal result, just 1 more push now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

If we keep Smith and it’s a big if still from me, he needs 4-5 decent £20m players

Players who have played in the premier league or another top league (not France, Belgium or Turkey).

• Like 1

Interesting comments from Richards said he felt Smith was too soft in the dressing room even after a defeat. 

14 minutes ago, Spoony said:

This team shouldn’t be anywhere near the PL. 

Agreed. So many of our players are completely out of their depths, so the fact we go into the last game outside the bottom 3 suggests that the manager is not. 

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

How did he tweak? We shifted a couple of times I thought but I wasn’t sure if it was just how the game played out. I’m agreeing with you here I just am not sure exactly what he was shuffling.

When they were getting space down the wings in the first half he went from 433 to 4141, pulling Luiz, Trezeguet and Jack back to help the defence. 

In the second half he pushed McGinn up so the striker was less isolated.  

And at the end the team held their shape and didn't sit too deep, as we have done recently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Players who have played in the premier league or another top league (not France, Belgium or Turkey).

This. We need to go for our #1 targets and I want an emphasis on players that have done it in this league or a top class championship player like Benhrama. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Richards never played a game under Smith

And? He was in the squad and was around the squad and dressing room. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed. So many of our players are completely out of their depths, so the fact we go into the last game outside the bottom 3 suggests that the manager is not. 

With our squad and injuries to key players, I think sitting 17th with a game left is a credit to Dean Smith. He's kept his cool, he's identified and fixed weaknesses and players are starting to grow. All this shit about players getting worse. Well guilbert, konza, luiz, trez certainly don't look worse. 

I hope he gets us over the finish line. He deserves it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jim said:

Interesting comments from Richards said he felt Smith was too soft in the dressing room even after a defeat. 

He can bugger off. Part of the worse villa team I've ever seen. Not lacking in ability, lacking in ability to give a toss. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stratvillan said:

He can bugger off. Part of the worse villa team I've ever seen. Not lacking in ability, lacking in ability to give a toss. 

He said that before the game, he said when he was at Villa they didn’t need to look at the teams around them as they were so bad.

Â