Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

In fairness to him we have played Liverpool and United in the last two games - if we had played opposition on the same level as Palace, who knows where we'd be now?

We have and we fluffed our lines.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You could. But there's not a lot of evidence that these players are capable of so much more than we've seen. 

People keep saying it though.

Just like there’s not a lot of evidence to suggest the manager is either 🤷‍♂️.

12 minutes ago, jim said:

Just like there’s not a lot of evidence to suggest the manager is either 🤷‍♂️.

Yep. Never claimed he's doing a great job. I don't think we've given him a great chance to show it though. 

Average points to stay in the league is 36. We have 30 with 3 games to play. We've looked all season like a standard relegation battling team. The idea that there's clear evidence that we are capable of so much more just isn't true. 

Norwich beat City, West ham beat Chelsea, Bournemouth have had some top results. And yet some claim we should, not could, should be clear of all of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I've been saying we need proper full backs in and it took two injuries to enforce them changes and we looked miles better for it. I can't see why Smith was continuing with Taylor and Konsa as full backs.

Well Targett has been injured so that's one reason. No idea about Elmo but Guilbert at least has also been injured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Well Targett has been injured so that's one reason. No idea about Elmo but Guilbert at least has also been injured.

Targett came on for 60 minutes. I'd rather start him and take him off for Taylor later on but overall I take your point. The persistence with Konsa as RB is madness for me. 

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Targett came on for 60 minutes. I'd rather start him and take him off for Taylor later on but overall I take your point. The persistence with Konsa as RB is madness for me. 

Pretty sure Taylor went off injured. Might be wrong thou.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Konsa was our best attacking outlet against Utd too.

Yeah I didn't watch that game but I read he whipped in some good crosses in.

Got to start Targett over Taylor if he's available. 

That one cross that Targett put in today which either of Trez or Davis should have scored is my reasoning for that. Taylor simply isn't capable of it.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Big win. Could be prolonging the pain, or could be the start of a triumphant comeback. 

Yeah, it's us and it's the hope that kills you. Have a great evening :D.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. Never claimed he's doing a great job. I don't think we've given him a great chance to show it though. 

Average points to stay in the league is 36. We have 30 with 3 games to play. We've looked all season like a standard relegation battling team. The idea that there's clear evidence that we are capable of so much more just isn't true. 

Norwich beat City, West ham beat Chelsea, Bournemouth have had some top results. And yet some claim we should, not could, should be clear of all of them. 

No one has claimed that we're capable of so much more. However with more desire the vast majority of Villains rightfully expected to be 4 /5 points better off.

Â