Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I swear to God managing Villa is life draining for coaches.

They never seem the same after leaving. Mentally kills them. Bruce being the exception 😬

Historically  Villa would be the biggest job they ever had ( Atkinson & Taylor excepted) so their careers , for the most part would go downhill

We sometimes forget how big a club we have been

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My mate who is a ex players gardner told me smiths either leaving by midnight or he isnt. A Demitri_C world exclusive you heard it here first 

Will he turn into a pumpkin at 00:01?

45 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Preece , Evans , Kendrick , ultimately if you want to take 100% trust in a journalist on villa for me it has to be John Percy By a mile . 

Well half an hour ago he said the sacking rumours weren't true. So looks like Deano's here for the rest of the season at least.

43 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Marcelo gallardo , Vincenzo montella or someone of that ilk - I’d like Rafa and the owners have the financial clout and the ambition but to get him purslow wouLd  need to be ditched .

Montella! Been a disaster in his last three or four jobs.

If Gallardo can speak English, he'd still be a bold appointment. Huge change for him. The sort of name I'd be interested in at the end of the season, not now.

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If Gallardo can speak English, he'd still be a bold appointment. Huge change for him. The sort of name I'd be interested in at the end of the season, not now.

Of course nobody of that ilk is going to take the job at this stage of the season - to attract a top manager it would have to be at the end of the season - anything now would be a interim stopgap , as it happens I think we are as good as down now anyway .

iVe seen  Nothing to make me think we can even win another game  this season .

Edited by Eastie

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Jardim wouldn’t be a bad option either .

Since the restart we've played versus two European teams and lost, and two mid-table teams and drawn. We really should've taken 3 points against the Blades and I thought we were the better side versus Newcastle too, although less deserving of a win there. Clearly second best against both Chelsea and Wolves but not out of the contest in either.

We need to win against West Ham desperately, and we need to find a win against one of Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Everton or Palace. 

I've backed Smith all season, and I wouldn't complain should we go down and stick with him, but right now, and all through the remainder of this campaign, he has to do his utmost to conjure a better level of performance out of his team, we need more from him strategically so that tactically we have a greater stronghold on games and create more in the moments on the ball.

• Like 1

Dean Smith seems like a nice guy but he isn't PL. 

We messed up, should've been colder/astute and hired a somebody to give us a competitive edge.

The owners and Purslow were/are naive, Smith is naive and the players are molded from this, they were never going to succeed. 

Villa deserve better, it is a travesty how this happened...and yet again we need to rebuild. 

When will we learn?!

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Would you accept old harry redknapp assisting JT for 6 games ? 

I don't care if he kept us up winning every game.

I wouldn't be watching Aston Villa with Harry Redknapp in charge

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

I mean stability in terms of players.I think there are some good players who will do well in the championship.A new manager coming in is probably going to want to completely restructure the squad.We have done that 3 or 4 times in the last 5 years.Many people on here have demanded we get rid   players that ended up being good Lowton,Albrigton,Gueye,Traore etc I hope we don’t keep making the same mistakes.Buying lots of new players is no guarantee they are going to be any good.

We are struggling at the moment mainly because we lack belief we can beat the bigger teams.The defeats we suffered against Arsenal and Liverpool have had long lasting effects.Our squad is lacking talent in some key areas.I also think our main focus should be on avoiding relegation until it is certain.

We keep signing players who show no or little improvement and this has an effect on the team .....it's either a poor signing or the coaches can't get anything out of them or both.

but you cannot keep losing and think things will automatically come right......things turn as a result of decisions, actions and attitudes.

IMO.... We keep signing the wrong managers.....which ultimately results in signing the wrong players.

Edited by TRO

We need to rip out all of them, the whole management team.

They can't coach, are tactically naive and have signed mostly Championship players for the PL.

Get rid of them all....what a disaster this season has been. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

but on this very website he’s been heavily criticised about being too open and conceding over 20 shots per game.  That’s what happens when you have players like we have and are one of the poorer teams in league and you play more attacking football.  After lockdown he’s been more conservative but we concede less opportunities but now we create less.

The time to be conservative was back in November and build on it.  Not now when we need 9 -10 pts from 6 games.

Â