Dean Smith

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It’s the same for everyone though. I don’t see this as a legit excuse. 

Other teams had 3 games except us City, Sheffield United and Arsenal 

18 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Hearing it's happening from the ever reliable Twitter sources.

I do get a sense it is happening, though. I'm gutted for the man I really am. He's one of our own and that won't change, but we have to. 

If true , good riddance 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Exactly, if the side he inherited was OK then he wouldn't have had the job in the first place.  The turnaround to promotion  was great and along with the cup run this season probably the best I've felt as a Villa fan in a long while.  I'd be sad if he did go but I think we are getting relegated so can see why it's being talked about.  I just hope if it does happen they've got something other than Big Sam lined up.

This. No, short termism. Not JT. An experienced man who we can all get behind and let build his vision across Villa Park. 

• Like 1

Don't think there's any chance that Smith will be sacked until at least the end of the season. Even then, I'm not sure he will, or even should be. Would be shocked if they decided to change manager now.

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, PieFacE said:

Don't think there's any chance that Smith will be sacked until at least the the if the season. Even then, I'm not sure he will, or even should be. Would be shocked if they decided to change manager now.

Should have been done months ago 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Other teams had 3 games except us City, Sheffield United and Arsenal 

In this period, we've actually gone from a game in hand to a game played more so we have played 2 more than the rest.

Just now, Eastie said:

Should have been done months ago 

Who do you, realistically (and I emphasise this word) want to come in and replace him. You've been one of the more vocal Smith out posters. 

46 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't know where to go with this. If you want him to strip the captaincy off Grealish I think that would be terrible management at this point. 

Well he doesn’t deserve it, he is leaving and Smith is a terrible manager so.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Wouldn't mind that dinosaur working his absolute shit house tactics if it meant staying up.

But then you've just said you'd take defeats for the rest of the season to get poch in. Make your bloody mind up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Well he doesn’t deserve it, he is leaving and Smith is a terrible manager so.... 

All well run teams strip the armband off their captain during the season. 

I can see Jack is next in line to get grief.

Â