Dean Smith

Demitri_C

59 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We have an entirely new team. New to each other, new to this league. I wouldn't be surprised that such a team hasn't gelled by March. The problem is, some of these players aren't really that great and having a lot of mediocre to poor players trying to integrate into a cohesive unit isn't going to be pretty.

When Man City signed a squad of world class players in 2010, they didn't gel that first season. But since they were world class players, it meant they finished 4th. For us, it means we'll be hovering around the relegation zone. I'm praying we stay up by the skin of our teeth, that's all we need right now. If we do, next season either some of these players shape up after a year of PL football under their belts, or their more expensive replacements will be waiting in the wings.

I accept your point as being reasonable and generous.....but i feel enough has been illustrated, to say, he has lost the plot.....none of his new players are playing better than when they arrived, that alone is a concern and an indication, all is not well.

last night is far more serious, than has been reported, crikey even blues, put up a better fight, that is scandalous.

we need to be decisive and salvage any progress we have made over the last 18 months, its in danger of spiralling out of control.

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

This, I find talk of a ”summer evaluation” laughable.

we’re not like Norwich supporters because we’re not historically a yo-yo club. There’s an expectation that we compete, it should never be acceptable for this club to get beat 8-1 on aggregate by Leicester never regardless of their form. An absolute joke it’s toxic now I hope cabbages come our against Chelsea

We havent finished in the top half of the league in 10 years. For nearly 20 years we have been a nothing team in English football but our fans have ridiculous expectations and arrogance

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

we’re not like Norwich supporters because we’re not historically a yo-yo club. There’s an expectation that we compete, it should never be acceptable for this club to get beat 8-1 on aggregate by Leicester never regardless of their form. An absolute joke it’s toxic now I hope cabbages come our against Chelsea

We've been in the Championship for the last 3 years? The last time we finished in the top 10 was 9 years ago. In that time, we've amassed more than 38 points just once. I'd posit respectfully that this expectation is very much unfounded. At least being a yo-yo club implies you're at least competing half the time. 

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

But they won't.....I don't want them to do that again, it was chavvy.

the summer is too late a missed opportunity.....i think there is more to BMH shennanigans than meets the eye......just feel something is not right.

36 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

BUT....If players, especially good players are continually making mistakes then you have to look at the manager. Is he simplifying his instructions to the players, Is he expecting too much from individuals, Is he creating more problems asking players to play in a way they are not  used to? It's easy to always blame players but when the same shit happens week after week you have to start asking questions of the coaching and management and what they doing to remedy this. 

I think this applies to things like zonal marking, playing too deep etc.

Individual howlers are down to individuals .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We havent finished in the top half of the league in 10 years. For nearly 20 years we have been a nothing team in English football but our fans have ridiculous expectations and arrogance

They haven't got ridiculous expectations, that is an insult to the fanbase.

what they are ,is fed up of mismanagement.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Our fanbase doesn't have "ridiculous expectations", pretty insulting tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

They haven't got ridiculous expectations, that is an insult to the fanbase.

what they are ,is fed up of mismanagement.

They have ridiculous expectations. We are only a big name in history alone, we have been a footnote in English football for so long. We got promoted against all odds last season and some people think we should be matching the top teams toe to toe because Wolves did it

Wolves are a much better team than us

13 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I think this applies to things like zonal marking, playing too deep etc.

Individual howlers are down to individuals .

Many of the howlers are borne out of the way we play....we get caught in possession far too often, which causes panic and eventually the whole team panics.

e.g Reina's howler was a direct result of a full back totally out of position and losing his control of his man.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bs organically we’re a top 6 club in the country, expectation comes with some clubs, 12th-16th was my expectation this year. Next year it would have been 7-10th such is life. If managers and boards can’t handle that I suggest they go to Norwich 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We've been in the Championship for the last 3 years? The last time we finished in the top 10 was 9 years ago. In that time, we've amassed more than 38 points just once. I'd posit respectfully that this expectation is very much unfounded. At least being a yo-yo club implies you're at least competing half the time. 

So do you think a United will accept 5th from OGS this year because they were shit last year? No of course not

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

But they won't.....I don't want them to do that again, it was chavvy.

the summer is too late a missed opportunity.....i think there is more to BMH shennanigans than meets the eye......just feel something is not right.

My ITK could entirely be be but I’m told Smith isn’t rated massively by the players and that JT they love. Think it’s a problem 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Bs organically we’re a top 6 club in the country, expectation comes with some clubs, 12th-16th was my expectation this year. Next year it would have been 7-10th such is life. If managers and boards can’t handle that I suggest they go to Norwich 

You do realise if we win our game in hand we will be 16th FFS

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

So do you think a United will accept 5th from OGS this year because they were shit last year? No of course not

Uh probably? That would mean they get CL football. 

A more analogous scenario would be would they want to sack OGS because they aren't in title contention. It's silly to even contemplate if you've followed their trajectory. Last time they've won a title was 7 years ago and they haven't come close since. It will take time to build back up to that, starting with finishing in the CL. Not even the most die hard Fergie nostalgic would "expect" a PL title at this point.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They have ridiculous expectations. We are only a big name in history alone, we have been a footnote in English football for so long. We got promoted against all odds last season and some people think we should be matching the top teams toe to toe because Wolves did it

Wolves are a much better team than us

Oh for crying out loud......can't we be a better team like wolves.can't we have ambition or do we just turn up like last night, blow me blues did a better job.

is that so impossible... .you seem to be saying mediocrity is inevitable, it is ,if you play like we are... 

they do not have ridiculous expectations, that's a futile claim.

we only wanted to stay up this season......is that so unreasonable?

2 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

Maybe wolves are better than us because they have a better manager.

Nothing to do with having a much better team man for man as well. Only Jack gets in the Wolves team from our squad

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Oh for crying out loud......can't we be a better team like wolves.can't we have ambition or do we just turn up like last night, blow me blues did a better job.

is that so impossible... .you seem to be saying mediocrity is inevitable, it is ,if you play like we are... 

they do not have ridiculous expectations, that's a futile claim.

we only wanted to stay up this season......is that so unreasonable?

1, No Wolves have much better players and coaching staff

2. I dont remember us being relegated yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

Just pointing out the obvious flaw in saying we won’t be promoted with Smith. We already have. 

And you genuinely think he could do it next season without Grealish?

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Uh probably? That would mean they get CL football. 

A more analogous scenario would be would they want to sack OGS because they aren't in title contention. It's silly to even contemplate if you've followed their trajectory. Last time they've won a title was 7 years ago and they haven't come close since. It will take time to build back up to that, starting with finishing in the CL. Not even the most die hard Fergie nostalgic would "expect" a PL title at this point.

None of those examples come close to the debacles we are presiding over just about every game in the league.

when Utd have a bad one, it would be great for us.

Utd are in and around the top six......it needs tweaking, surgery......ours is a Bloody shit show of incompetence...its threatening to spiral out of control.

not much difference is there.

we are the worst team in the league right now on current form......happy.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

1, No Wolves have much better players and coaching staff

2. I dont remember us being relegated yet

1. Well funnily enough thats what we thought we was getting.

2. They said it would be alright on the Titanic.

Â