Dean Smith

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Man City are no world beaters this season, even Norwich beat them  just woeful the way he set up against them. 

Teams like Man city, if you give them time and space, they will bury you.....we did and we got buried.

We was far more workman like against Leicester and got a reward.

I will say this though, Man city are finding their form and the earlier examples, I would say they were off the pace a tad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes but we let them play well. Norwich didn’t. Wolves did the double on them. They are a great side if you let them play. De Bruyne is amazing 

Exactly! You have to work hard against City, like Norwich an Wolves did, get in there faces an they struggle.  We let them run around us and gave them time to tickle our bellies today, very poor coaching, management. Or can Smith not get us motivated, an grafting, which is what I worry about. Trying to park the bus against a side like city is very old skool, an shows Smith's limitations.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Their form prior to being beaten by Norwich. DWWWW. 

Their form prior to trouncing us. LWWWW

Yes forget the cups they have lost 5 league games this season. They are not close to where they were the last two seasons 

53 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

This was a very depressing game and performance, trying to reflect on it Man C have been spending enormous sums for the last 10 years, they have some of the best players in the world. This is what we were up against in euro according to transfermarkt:

40M

65M             55M                     40M            57M

76M               70M                    28M

67M               40M                    32M

Not to mention what they have on the bench.

Now it doesn't explain why we played much better away and gave a lacklustre performance, but the gap in quality is huge, we had Nyland in goal ffs.     

Yeah good point but we should be competitive as we don’t line up too bad ourselves...

£0.32p

£Freddo.   £Chicken balti pie     £25M   £wham bar

£0.29p.     £pint of beer    £0.90p.   £Pokemon card

£66M

£cuddly toy

• Haha 1

Just now, terrytini said:

I’d agree we were passive. I don’t agree we were defensive though...

Yeah we weren't defensive, we were just "standing in our own half watching another team play".....

Or that's what it felt like.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Like sharks smell blood, their players knew our midfield was there for the taking......our defenders had no outlet ball to play too,(and as the game played out were getting caught) every time they played to a midfielder they were robbed of the ball and the writing was just about on the wall.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah we weren't defensive, we were just "standing in our own half watching another team play".....

Or that's what it felt like.

First goal Taylor is no where  , Drinkwater gets done with skill but a wrong foot there and its a pen but then Hause just backs off as if Mahrez is 35 yards and he wants him to shoot 

2nd Goal Elmo trys to let it run out for a gk and allows Aguero to keep it in , Drinkwater again like Elmo tries to be too clever when he should clear it  , loses ball goal  

3rd KDB runs off Drinkwater ball to Aguero , Luiz should just foul here at 2 nil down to stop momentum but puts in half assed foot bang into top corner , perhaps keeper should save 

4th KDB runs off Drinkwater again who can't keep up , great ball across but have to questions the positioning of Konsa and Elmo 

5th A shambles 5 defenders almost in a line , Ball played played between Elmo and Konsa who lose Aguero who gets off shot before Mings and Hause can cover , so 1 player has 4 defenders near him and scores 

6th Huase plays a casual ball that goes to City , they score 

We never once got in their faces , committed hardly any fouls ,  played sideways balls for the most part or hit long balls to AEG I have no clue what the actual game plan was other than sit deep.Smith talks about playing the ball into space ..who to exactly ?

I'm not saying pull the plug. But compared to a couple of months ago, I'm not seeing much evidence of coaching. Its just a bit aimless atm and I'm wondering why 

You can have shit players but still see evidence of a plan. Where's the plan?

Need to see more than this.

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Just think Smith looked out of his depth today & a bit lost as to how he might have managed things differently.

He probably was  

He's managed walsall and brentford and now he's up against one of the best managers in the last 20 years. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mazrim said:

I'm not saying pull the plug. But compared to a couple of months ago, I'm not seeing much evidence of coaching. Its just a bit aimless atm and I'm wondering why 

You can have shit players but still see evidence of a plan. Where's the plan?

Need to see more than this.

There was a clear plan against burnley and leicester. Think its harsh to focus on this one, where with no striker, back up full backs and a weak midfield we are up against an absolute power house of a club

• Like 2

Just seen his quotes on twitter, dunno how he thinks we’d cope not a chance 🙄 - Dean Smith: “If we don’t (sign a striker  before Brighton) I’ll have to cope with it. I know how hard the people above me are working to try and get players in, and I know how hard this market is to work in. If we get one in, brilliant. If we don’t, we’ll cope.”

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just seen his quotes on twitter, dunno how he thinks we’d cope not a chance 🙄 - Dean Smith: “If we don’t (sign a striker  before Brighton) I’ll have to cope with it. I know how hard the people above me are working to try and get players in, and I know how hard this market is to work in. If we get one in, brilliant. If we don’t, we’ll cope.”

What would you like him to say?

Do you think if he said "We simply must get a striker, we're desperate" the price of any deals might go up?

• Like 1

Â