Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't understand it.

What we are seeing in on par with we got served up under Lambert and Bruce and you don't understand it.

Wake up and smell the coffee mate. This is horrendous. It's embarrassing. If things don't change VP will turn toxic again and whenever that happens we are doomed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zatman said:

He is good atwhat he does but puts clubs backwards 5 years. We would be in better shape long term going down with Smith than having Allardyce keep us up for 6 months

He got promoted with West Ham at his first attempt and turned them into a mid table Prem club and somehow he is taking clubs backwards. Hm. Something does not add up here.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Which model is that?

Short term alarmism all for the sake of simply staying in the league, leading to constant chopping and changing of managers that almost invariably eventually leads to the very thing that was being avoided in the first place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Norwich are currently outplaying Spurs, not sure what that indicates since we got the 3 points.

If we stay up on goal difference, that would be a success. As it stands we're a point off that goal with half the season still to be played. It's not time to panic just yet.

No , please panic now.....We are getting worse every game and our best player will move in January and I don't blame him....

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Norwich are currently outplaying Spurs, not sure what that indicates since we got the 3 points.

Norwich were the better side against us too. I think  playing well and missing out you can build on that, keep going and the points will come.

Our current performances have been dire which is a real cause for worry.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He is good atwhat he does but puts clubs backwards 5 years. We would be in better shape long term going down with Smith than having Allardyce keep us up for 6 months

Totally 100% agree. The 'Allardyce' model is what put us in such a mess in the first place. How are people even contemplating it again? It's honestly baffling.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Absolutely bang on and exactly what I was just trying to say in my previous post. Thanks for summing it up better than I did.

The model that crippled us and got us relegated is very similar to the model that we're applying now. Who do you think we paid most our transfer fees for that season? It was all on young, foreign players that we intended to grow as investments and it got us relegated at the bottom of the league table. Only difference now is we've recruited relatively better in terms of our proven PL talent but that's it really. And management wise, I say this is the model Lambert was following back then, in fact there's a scary amount of similarities to Lambert now both on and off the field.

It honestly confuses me when people say we are following a different model. No, we're following almost exactly the same model we did back in those seasons, we're just trying to execute it better.

2 minutes ago, villakram said:

Deano is under pressure now, no other way to put it. 

A solid loan signing up front is needed, and then we'll have a chance.

He also needs a centre back, 2 full backs, 2 central midfielders and 2 wide players

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

What we are seeing in on par with we got served up under Lambert and Bruce and you don't understand it.

Wake up and smell the coffee mate. This is horrendous. It's embarrassing. If things don't change VP will turn toxic again and whenever that happens we are doomed.

giphy.gif

You feel like this is going through some minds reading the bold.

• Haha 4

Just now, villalad21 said:

He got promoted with West Ham at his first attempt and turned them into a mid table Prem club and somehow he is taking clubs backwards. Hm. Something does not add up here.

Newcastle,  Blackburn, Sunderland all relegated season after he left. Everton and Bolton with huge wastes of spaces on big contracts 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Totally 100% agree. The 'Allardyce' model is what put us in such a mess in the first place. How are people even contemplating it again? It's honestly baffling.

Allardyce model? Which one of the managers we hired back then do you think was like Allardyce? All of them were on relatively unproven PL managers. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Short term alarmism all for the sake of simply staying in the league, leading to constant chopping and changing of managers that almost invariably eventually leads to the very thing that was being avoided in the first place.

I think we were very fortunate to get out in only 3 years, and it nearly bankrupted us. There’s big clubs trapped down there too. I think it’s worth a knee jerk (maybe not right now, but soon if things don’t improve) if it gives us a chance to staying up.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Newcastle,  Blackburn, Sunderland all relegated season after he left.

Probably shouldn't sack him then.

Also Everton and West Ham haven't been relegated after he left. His most recent jobs.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

The only ways Smith can get 3 points are as follows:

a) have all his spine of Heaton Mings Grealish and McGinn on the field at the same time (or 3 out of the 4)

Thats it i'm afraid.

Except 2 days ago

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

What’s baffling is wanting to stick with a manager that oversees us getting spanked every week. Just because...

• Thanks 2

Â