Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What if he turns out good?

Then pay him more just not on a 4 yr deal, if DS signs a 2 yr deal on 20 quid a week and has got us into the top 4 in his first season, renew the 2 yr deal at 40 quid a week.

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Then pay him more just not on a 4 yr deal, if DS signs a 2 yr deal on 20 quid a week and has got us into the top 4 in his first season, renew the 2 yr deal at 40 quid a week.

Can’t we just be glad that Smith has committed his long term future to the club? 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

What he said was a major league team not a team that plays in the mls. Major league refers to any of the 4 big sports in America football, baseball, basketball and crap rugby. MLS is major league soccer. 

Yeah we are on a football (soccer for our US and Australian friends) forum so if someone mentions US major league you'd presume MLS, milwaukee bucks play in the NBA....no stress easy mistake.

18 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Anyone else getting deja vu from when Lambert got a new contract and agbonlahor mid season for doing....not very much?

I am truly shocked smith has "blagged" in all senses of the word, a new contract given our position in the league and only one away win all season which for me is unacceptable!

Fair point he got Villa promoted....with the best squad in the championship. Googles autonomous driving cars could have worked out we needed a solid keeper, commanding centre half and zinadine grealish fit and we'd walk it.

I just hope the Owners have added the 5 consecutive defeats/ falling into the bottom 3 and it's curtains without compo clause.

Sorry but now makes sunday a must win for Smith

Can't stop laughing....You really haven't a clue!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

On 29/11/2019 at 09:13, villalad21 said:

On RedCafe they've created a "next manager to be sacked" thread and Smith is among the top 6 in many of the posts.

It's interesting that fans from other clubs thinks he is doing a bad job.

RedCafe is home to some of the thickest football fans on the planet. I really don't think they know much about football beyond Man Utd, Liverpool and City, and maybe a few Spanish and Italian teams they've played on FIFA. It's just an endless wank off about Scholes.

While we're definitely underdogs, I think we have a very good chance at Old Trafford. Our away record has been poor on paper, but some of our performances have been quite good, especially in the first half. United are coming back from a round trip to Kazakhstan on Thursday, they have a crap manager who must be panicking about Pochettino, and they have injuries to Pogba and McTominay.

Be interesting to see what their fans think of Smith if he pulls Solskjaer's pants down tomorrow.

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

4 years? For Dean Smith?! What is the board thinking?!

.... they are thinking to the future having found the man that will lead us there - something that was waaaaaay beyond the ability and foresight of previous boards.

Sensational news!

what did he do GBH?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

RedCafe is home to some of the thickest football fans on the planet. I really don't think they know much about football beyond Man Utd, Liverpool and City, and maybe a few Spanish and Italian teams they've played on FIFA. It's just an endless wank off about Scholes.

While we're definitely underdogs, I think we have a very good chance at Old Trafford. Our away record has been poor on paper, but some of our performances have been quite good, especially in the first half. United are coming back from a round trip to Kazakhstan on Thursday, they have a crap manager who must be panicking about Pochettino, and they have injuries to Pogba and McTominay.

Be interesting to see what their fans think of Smith if he pulls Solskjaer's pants down tomorrow.

He'll be the next one on their list....its so predictable.

6 hours ago, sne said:

Good news!

Just hope this doesn't turn into a Lambert situation :D  I don't think it will.

just in time for Mrs Smith's shopping spree.....bless her.

They deserve it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

i'm going... hopefully i get to see us beat them. I have not been that ground since Villa vs Liverpool (FA Cup Semi Final 3-0 loss) in 1996.

We can do his mate!! UTV

After the Liverpool game, I think we can beat anyone on the day.

We just have to apply ourselves.....sounds simple, but it is.

• Like 2

On 29/11/2019 at 19:48, screwdriver said:

Anyone else getting deja vu from when Lambert got a new contract and agbonlahor mid season for doing....not very much?

I am truly shocked smith has "blagged" in all senses of the word, a new contract given our position in the league and only one away win all season which for me is unacceptable!

Fair point he got Villa promoted....with the best squad in the championship. Googles autonomous driving cars could have worked out we needed a solid keeper, commanding centre half and zinadine grealish fit and we'd walk it.

I just hope the Owners have added the 5 consecutive defeats/ falling into the bottom 3 and it's curtains without compo clause.

Sorry but now makes sunday a must win for Smith

must try harder

Â