Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

No idea how that was a freekick for Spurs in the end but what a lovely bit of play this was

This bit was impressive. As for the end, I don't think it's actually possible for El Ghazi to foul there. I think Wesley was fouled once or twice in moments where people accused him of being soft too. How can refs be this biased and bad in the Premier League?

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

No idea how that was a freekick for Spurs in the end but what a lovely bit of play this was

yeah tbf, i cant see in any way shape or form how that isnt a foul.........terrible refereeing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Enda said:

Commentator I watched said it was for diving.

He didnt get booked for it though, unless I missed it.  The ref was just weird, there was that bit in the second half where Grealish got fouled and for some reason the ref was looking in completely the wrong direction from the play.  It was utterly bizarre.

12 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

You could see Deano was a bit miffed at some of the refereeing decisions too! 

In his interview with the official website yesterday, Richard O’Kelly mentioned that he was puzzled by some of the decisions. ‘I’m not sure we always got the rub of the green’ was his phrasing.

The refereeing performance against spurs made me wonder if this is how the Italians felt in the 90s when match fixing was so obviously happening?  

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

yeah tbf, i cant see in any way shape or form how that isnt a foul.........terrible refereeing.

That's the type of refereeing you get when you upset everyone by not losing to teams they expect to win. You have the exact same stuff happening in the Norwegian league, and I suspect every other league in the world as well. It's really weird. You can always see top teams getting the referees decisions and the newly promoted ones getting shafted. It's like the referees feel responsible to restore some kinda balance to the world when they see the match isn't going as everyone expected. Annoying as shit. Impartial my arse. 

Wow, I know Villalad has come in for some rightful criticism over the last twelve months, but picking on him for 'obsessing over men in suits' is not what I have come to expect from posters involved. Does it matter if he did indeed have a fetish for men in suits?

For what it's worth, I agree with him. I'd prefer him to wear a suit... but it's Dean's choice and won't think anything less of him as a man or a coach if he went down the tracksuit and training top routine. Got to advertise the training wear somehow I guess.

• Like 3

Var was consulted on our end for a possible handball, yet it was not consulted on there end for a possible penalty against Mcginn.

While I did feel the ref had a faverite team, we also didn't make it any easy on ourselves with some of those times our players did go down to easy. We will get a name in the prem if our players go yo the ground to easy and not do there best to stay on top of the ball. I hope they learn by this and press more instead of trying to win the foul.

Experience is what they need now, along with lessons they can learn, they need to adapt to life in the prem which I'm sure they can do.

19 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

It was, VAR said no pen.

I do not remember seeing var on it, well then I'll take your word for it.

Don't understand it though, if you look at it, the Spurs player was simply going to charge Mcginn down and Mcginn had the ball and felt like he had to go down to protect himself also. Both went down in close proximity to one n other, that the Spurs player clearly were going to block the run in a nasty way.

It's clear Var has issues at the moment.

Which does bring me to the rest. I've been saying since spurs game that our players need to be more stronger on the ball. Mcginn in that instance went down to easy, yet if he'd of stayed on his feet, spurs would of created that problem properly instead of us trying to aid in helping the penalty happen.

Our players need to stay on there feet more or we will be bullied to much.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I do not remember seeing var on it, well then I'll take your word for it.

Don't understand it though, if you look at it, the Spurs player was simply going to charge Mcginn down and Mcginn had the ball and felt like he had to go down to protect himself also. Both went down in close proximity to one n other, that the Spurs player clearly were going to block the run in a nasty way.

It's clear Var has issues at the moment.

Which does bring me to the rest. I've been saying since spurs game that our players need to be more stronger on the ball. Mcginn in that instance went down to easy, yet if he'd of stayed on his feet, spurs would of created that problem properly instead of us trying to aid in helping the penalty happen.

Our players need to stay on there feet more or we will be bullied to much.

They didn't stop the game & wait around for 2 minutes but it was definitely checked and VAR ruled no pen. the ball went out of play very soon after the incident and the ref did pause for a second or two when he was getting the message. There were 7 VAR checks in total during the game.The ony one that really stands out as causing any sort of delay was when they checked to see if Mcginn was going to be sent off for booting walker-peters.

Was looking forward to getting back to prem standard refs after the shit we had to put up last 3 years.

that West Ham game, watch City's 5th, Haller is speared to the ground before Mahrez puts Sterling in, nothing. Ref sees it, lets it go. Whats worse is VAR doesnt even look at it, despite in being in the exact same phase that leads to the goal. It's ridiculous

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Was looking forward to getting back to prem standard refs after the shit we had to put up last 3 years.

that West Ham game, watch City's 5th, Haller is speared to the ground before Mahrez puts Sterling in, nothing. Ref sees it, lets it go. Whats worse is VAR doesnt even look at it, despite in being in the exact same phase that leads to the goal. It's ridiculous

Yeah, that one stood out to me as well.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Never thought it was a penalty for the foul on McGinn. I am however absolutely sure it was a foul on El Ghazi, and about 10 fouls on Wesley. 

Just curious about why you say that.  I've seen quite a few others also say this. 

The replay shows he was charged into with no contact on the ball.  Why no pen? If the player had got a foot to the ball at the same time OK but for me this is the whole point of VAR to see things the ref misses at normal speed with the naked eye. 

Similarly Jack's dispossession for their second was a foul as the player went through Jack's foot to get to the ball. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â