Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

looks like Ron Vlaar had some interesting things to say about Villa.

'Laziness started to show' Ex captain's scathing Aston Villa admission.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-tottenham-ron-vlaar-16746835

You could see it to be fair, what a difference to now where the ethos is "be the best teammate you can".

44 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

To be fair he wasn't asked that. He said that was something he thought was important and the next 10 posts are basically ridiculing him for implying he said the daftest shit ever. Amongst them a half arsed 'are you gay' joke. 

I don't really give a shit what Deano wears, though I will admit I'd prefer it not to be a mankini. But lets not pretend he was only asked why he thought that was important to him. 

Fair enough. Possibly I overreacted.

But the poster in question is quite famously anti-Dean Smith (or has been in the past) so it may be that people thought it was an unnecessary dig.

Happy to agree that's not the case.

On 12/08/2019 at 16:12, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I've mentioned that I think this is the main reason for people like Taylor and Elmo playing on Saturday. Trying to keep the upheaval to a minimum.

Bed a few players in where we have no choice, then ease the rest in.

I fully expect players like Guilbert, Targett and Luiz to be first choice soon (assuming they're not crap! :D )

Oh dear - the laughing icon you chose. - has only confirmed that you really don't fully appreciate what you have written here imo 

• Haha 1

I like suits better on managers as well.

Isn't important but it looks better.  

One thing I can't stand thou is when they wear football boots,  not going to kick a ball are they.

Guardiolas grey hoodie/sweater possibly the ugliest option thou.

55 minutes ago, weedman said:

I'm still mystified how that was a free kick to Spurs. After that great move he's clearly pulled down by the defender and would have given Conor a fantastic opportunity to show the world what he's capable of. Instead, free kick to Spurs and back on the defensive, infuriating 

Ref was just awful all game. Let Sanchez get away with these fouls all game, one of them crucially for what was a clear penalty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

To be fair he wasn't asked that. He said that was something he thought was important and the next 10 posts are basically ridiculing him for implying he said the daftest shit ever. Amongst them a half arsed 'are you gay' joke. 

I don't really give a shit what Deano wears, though I will admit I'd prefer it not to be a mankini. But lets not pretend he was only asked why he thought that was important to him. 

Ummm no, it wasn't a 'gay joke' at all. I'm not in the least bit concerned whether he is gay or otherwise. I merely asked him whether he has a thing for men in suits because I find the look quite stuffy. 

I wasn't ridiculing him either. I do think it's a bit strange, but each to their own. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Can anyone produce some statistics to prove if fans are happier with him in a Tracksuit or a Suit?  

Coach movement is vitally important, it sets an example to the players. Static coach, static players, everyone in football knows that.

So does anyone have any heat maps of Deano in a suit compared to track suit? I think they'll clearly show what he should be wearing to ensure a successful season. The heat maps don't lie.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, privateer said:

Coach movement is vitally important, it sets an example to the players. Static coach, static players, everyone in football knows that.

So does anyone have any heat maps of Deano in a suit compared to track suit? I think they'll clearly show what he should be wearing to ensure a successful season. The heat maps don't lie.

You joke, but the way Sky is going I give it max 5 years before they actually do this. It'll be to prove a point about how passionate a certain manager is and they'll show a heat map of him prowling the technical area and compare it to the opposition manager who hasn't moved much from his seat and use that as an example of why Team A was so much more commited etc blah blah blah. It'd be a classic Sky Sports move

53 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ummm no, it wasn't a 'gay joke' at all. I'm not in the least bit concerned whether he is gay or otherwise. I merely asked him whether he has a thing for men in suits because I find the look quite stuffy. 

I wasn't ridiculing him either. I do think it's a bit strange, but each to their own. 

Wot??? Smith might be gay ?

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

looks like Ron Vlaar had some interesting things to say about Villa.

'Laziness started to show' Ex captain's scathing Aston Villa admission.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-tottenham-ron-vlaar-16746835

I thought that was a great article.....something I suspected before he come out with it.....but couldn't prove it being not being privvy to BMH...and even if I could, so what.

Every player we have now should be working on his game, to be a better player, sure the new league will be different, so what, learn how to play in it.....They should be all busting a gut to get better ( they probably are by the way, i suspect we have a different breed)

Ron summed it all up and I thank him for being candid.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought that was a great article.....something I suspected before he come out with it.....but couldn't prove it being not being privvy to BMH...and even if I could, so what.

Every player we have now should be working on his game, to be a better player, sure the new league will be different, so what, learn how to play in it.....They should be all busting a gut to get better ( they probably are by the way, i suspect we have a different breed)

Trying to remember who was in the squad while vlaar was there and who he might be referring to.

You have the obvious ones of course, will have to take a look back.

I like managers to be honest and truthful and face up to the work to be done.

Dean did that.

When he said we gave the ball away too cheaply.....He was right.....and he will work on that.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

2014 main squad was (roughly) - Vlaar was at Villa 2012 - 15, so i just selected 2014/15 season.

Bennett, Baker, Senderos, Gardner, Luna, Cleverley, N'Zogbia, Given, Ireland, Lowton, Richardson, Gabby, Albrighton, Bertrand, Hutton, Cole, Westwood, Sanchez, Vlaar, Sylla, Delph, Bent, Tonev, Guzan, Benteke, Cissokho, Bacuna, Weimann, Okore, Gil, Kozak, Helenius

what a squad :)

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

2014 main squad was (roughly) - Vlaar was at Villa 2012 - 15, so i just selected 2014/15 season.

Bennett, Baker, Senderos, Gardner, Luna, Cleverley, N'Zogbia, Given, Ireland, Lowton, Richardson, Gabby, Albrighton, Bertrand, Hutton, Cole, Westwood, Sanchez, Vlaar, Sylla, Delph, Bent, Tonev, Guzan, Benteke, Cissokho, Bacuna, Weimann, Okore, Gil, Kozak, Helenius

what a squad :)

Made it to an FA Cup final. Bizarre as that seems right now. 

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I like managers to be honest and truthful and face up to the work to be done.

Dean did that.

When he said we gave the ball away too cheaply.....He was right.....and he will work on that.

That’s the great thing about our set up, nobody is kidding themselves or us. They don’t insult us with woolly old cliches, they know what we’ve seen, they know what needs to be improved and most importantly they have a plan to do it. 

• Like 1

Â