Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Whatever happens, let's keep hold of this guy and try and stay behind the team. We're gonna get some drubbings, were bound to at least flirt with the relegation zone through the season. If the worst happens we'll still be in a good place for next season. We know we can be quite wuick to turn, let's try and lose that habit. We've all had a big dose of reality over the past three years and I think it's been good for our souls. 

I actually don't think any of the promoted managers will be sacked this year. If any of them do sack the manager then I think they've made a big mistake. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blunther said:

Whatever happens, let's keep hold of this guy and try and stay behind the team. We're gonna get some drubbings, were bound to at least flirt with the relegation zone through the season. If the worst happens we'll still be in a good place for next season. We know we can be quite wuick to turn, let's try and lose that habit. We've all had a big dose of reality over the past three years and I think it's been good for our souls. 

I actually don't think any of the promoted managers will be sacked this year. If any of them do sack the manager then I think they've made a big mistake. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, blunther said:

That really would be doing a Fulham. 

21 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

It's the beginning of the season so every so called media "expert" is doing their "who will win?, who will be relegated, yada, yada" predictions piece. This is one football expert's answer to "Which manager will be sacked first?" (https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/premier-league-predictions-who-will-win-top-six-relegation-teams-first-to-be-fired-golden-boot/news-story/406504c14a76df2313a608d94314c24c)

😠... I'm soooooooooo looking forward to seeing these "experts" with egg on their face.

And picking up their P45. 

8 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I won't forget the image below in a hurry!  The guy deserves his chance at the big league and I think he'll do just fine!!  Thank you Dean for bringing our club back. 

premier league football GIF by Aston Villa FC

I’ve sobered up now - SMITH OUT 😉

8 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Elmo I can understand and accept.  But Taylor is a head scratcher.  Jota is unlucky to miss out too.

Taylor isn’t too bad defensively and I guess we may well be doing a fair bit of that this afternoon. Players need time to settle and if the coaches think that Targett doesn’t seem quite right then perhaps they’ve kept him back rather than throw him into the bear pit. Besides you never know when you might need a scapegoat!

17 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I don't recall wolves getting any drubbings last season. I don't see why bottle job Villa fans are expecting us to go out there and roll over after Smith spent 120m. I want top 10 this season.

I imagine you won't be happy unless we secure that by Christmas.

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I don't recall wolves getting any drubbings last season. I don't see why bottle job Villa fans are expecting us to go out there and roll over after Smith spent 120m. I want top 10 this season.

And so it begins!!

• Like 2

Spurs are levels above us so had to expect a gulf in class out there today...

Quite a few positives, excellent first half where we defended very well but were also very good on the break. Second half we offered little going forward but still defended well until we gave some poor goals away, and then we unwound a little. Engels looks fantastic already, Trezeguet impressed too, Heaton an excellent signing, McGinn looks like he has played at this level before he was that comfortable on this stage, many of the others have to get up to speed, and fast. 

Ultimately it's unlikely we will get a lot out the top 4, it's all about how we do against our relegation rivals and 'bottom 12' sides, we're definitely going to be battling to survive this season IMO, all that outlay on players was necessary to just to give us a fighting chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Give it a rest ffs

I’m was expecting us to press more but we would of been absolutely thrashed if we did in hindsight. Overall we kept our shape and  defended with more players to blood over the coming games quietly confident we won’t be fighting relegation and be a solid mid table club once we get used to this league. He made the right subs at the right time for me and he will learn a lot from this game I’m sure. Having Terry alongside him will be crucial IMO as he knows exactly what this league is about and has a winning mentality. 

• Like 1

Â