Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But I thought Smith was only good because of brentfords coaching and scouting team? 😂 

Don't be daft Dean Smith only moved cones and stuff I don't think he even got involved in the first team, just a small cog :)

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Class act ... he certainly didn’t need to give a shout out to Bruce but that he did speaks volumes for the guy .

Agreed. Nice touch..

Legend status achieved. Really looking forward to seeing what team he builds for the new season. Safe to say the days of aging past their best players on silly contracts is over. What a great day yesterday was, well done Dean. 

• Like 1

Does anyone think it would be a good gesture if we could get a GoFundMe going to raise money for a dementia charity? This close to Yesterday, I reckon there would be a lot of people willing to chuck a bit towards a charity that would no doubt mean a lot to Dean Smith.

• Like 3

Listening to a lot of previews and reviews, Dean Smith seems universally popular and respected and so many neutrals have an affinity for him.

He is an asset to this football club, and no matter what the next season or 2  (or 3 or 4!) may bring, his position as manager should be fixed. 

Glad i'm not in charge as i would have got rid of him before the derby game in March. Not convinced he's the messiah but he has achieved something i thought was well beyond his capabilities so who knows what is possible from here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I love this guy. Said back in February he would get us promoted. Never did he think at the time it would be this season. 

I had a bet with a few that we be would challenging for top 2 by January next season. I can’t remember who the best was with and what the terms were but a bets a bet and I’ve lost. So please let me know who you are and I’ll happily donate to charity of your choice or VT as was agreed. 

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I was worried that the move to Villa would be too big for him. 

I was wrong, I thankfully! 

Get in Deano, the turn around since February was amazing and you and your team deserve a lot of credit for it. 

The speech about his dad was very touching. Obviously an emotional time for him and to come in and be like this is amazing.

Yes it was more than touching.

I remember me mum's partner, his mother has it and she was such a lovely woman, loved my son to bits. It's such a sad thing to go through it brought a tear to my eyes as she forgot who everyone and everything is especially those she cared for.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

And hippo????

Eh  - I made my peace with DS a while back :) 

I didn't think he was right for us - happily proved wrong - to come in mid season and land promotion with someone elses players is something not many managers do  - so who knows how good he could be ? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Eh  - I made my peace with DS a while back :) 

I didn't think he was right for us - happily proved wrong - to come in mid season and land promotion with someone elses players is something not many managers do  - so who knows how good he could be ? 

Given the right tools I don't think there's a limit, he's capable of creating a team that is more than the sum of it's parts. So get him parts that can compete with the best and then let's see what happens.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love this guy. Said back in February he would get us promoted. Never did he think at the time it would be this season. 

I had a bet with a few that we be would challenging for top 2 by January next season. I can’t remember who the best was with and what the terms were but a bets a bet and I’ve lost. So please let me know who you are and I’ll happily donate to charity of your choice or VT as was agreed. 

Would suggest that the bet is void given the promotion & all that...

If you roll it over to next season & we are challenging for top 2 in January i'll gladly double the initial bet ;)

• Haha 1

Â