Dean Smith

Demitri_C

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@villalad21 can we start making excuses yet or is it too soon?

Pick one:

"We got lucky"

"It was one game, let's not forget the 3 months of shit before it"

"Too little, too late.  We aren't going up and are losing Jack next season, so we'll be in a relegation scrap without him"

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Pick one:

"We got lucky"

"Too little, too late.  We aren't going up and are losing Jack next season, so we'll be in a relegation scrap without him"

I’m going to go with Derby were crap.

I really hope we can go on a run of wins from him. Obviously mainly because I’m a villa fan and always want us to do well but it would also be nice to shut up a few haters on this site who want to see Smith fail to prove they are right.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@villalad21 can we start making excuses yet or is it too soon?

Can't we put all our differences aside and just enjoy the result?

I'm not Dean Smith's biggest fan but when my team wins i'm happy. Best day since the Wolves win last season for me.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Pick one:

"We got lucky"

You don't know we will be losing jack nest season, untill a club comes in a pays the heavy price the owners will want it just won't happen.

Just because we was a selling club in the past doesn't mean we are now. I think if the right players come into the club and the team looks on the up in the summer I think no one we want to keep will be going anywhere.

We will see the summer but for now there is no point saying we are going to lose such and such because it's not guarenteed with our new owners. If our owners are serious about getting back to the premier, then they will have to do all they can to keep our star players and build around them. They already stated that was they way it would work when  they came in.

Edited by Dave-R

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not Dean Smith's biggest fan but when my team wins i'm happy. Best day since the Wolves win last season for me.

I’m afraid not mate. The jury is out on Smith and he is criticised day in day out even those he hasn’t had no where near enough time.

So the haters will have to get it bad this week and hopefully for the rest of the season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m afraid not mate. The dury is out on Smith and he is criticised day in day out even those he hasn’t had no where near enough time.

So the haters will have to get it bad this week and hopefully for the rest of the season. 

He could be winning every game and those of you guys would still find a way to criticise our Coach. Your never happy some of you, no matter when were winning.

Why don't we relax a while and breath in a nice win, this is a time to get behind our lads and Coach and cheer for more of this. I'm sure some people are born to ruin the moment lol..

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s true. But the players Smiths has bought in look quite impressive so far. 

Credit to Smith too for today's win, but what we learned today was that our players are good enough, as long as they are in the right mindset. They were all excellent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Credit to Smith too for today's win, but what we learned today was that our players are good enough, as long as they are in the right mindset. They were all excellent.

True but it helps when the opposition are so poor. From 5 minutes in you could tell it would be a stroll. Was quite bizarre how bad derby where.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Hmmm... I'm not so sure this game makes Smith look too good. What do we need him for? It's all down to Jack.

Jack Grealish under Bruce was nothing compared to Jack Grealish under Smith. Having a manager who likes to attack has made all the difference.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but it helps when the opposition are so poor. From 5 minutes in you could tell it would be a stroll. Was quite bizarre how bad derby where.

That's not entirely true we've seen them whoop @$$ against some of the best in this league.

Maybe they're so sick of all of us criticising them that they decided to finally knock it up a notch.

Or maybe were about to get another run of wins in us before season end, would be real nice and timely. Mings said we were on the verge of winning games he called it, maybe he is a mystic meg and has a crystal ball, Mystic Mings called it..

Edited by Dave-R

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So you missed that run that included beating Derby and Boro and was the best football since Big Ron? Now I understand why you are so anti Smith, you missed the first couple of months and just think it was all like the last couple of months.

Basically, we played like we did today, but didn't have reinforcements at the back that Smith and Pitarch etc. brought in. Great isn't it?

As for putting differences aside, people wouldn't be calling you out if you hadn't been so insistent for so long. 

• Like 2

Â