Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

I'd take Rafa Benitez if Smith doesn't work out. 

Smiths transfers are still unknown but for all of Bruce's issues he seemed to be able to get a half decent side together. Admittedly half of the signings turned pretty sour, but half were good.  

What makes you think Benitez would want to come to us?

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

What makes you think Benitez would want to come to us?

Has issues at Newcastle United, he would have £££ to spend, which is something of a luxury to him. Hes been in the Championship, Our owners don't interfere and aren't rotten to the core. 

To be fair anything to get away from Mike Ashley would be a bonus for him, he'd probably sign for Accrington Stanley. 

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I don't think it matters who manages us.  We're cursed.

We're not cursed.

Bad appointments since MoN left.

There's no magic, bring in a good manager and we will get good results, bring in mediocre/bad managers and we will get mediocre/bad results.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Has issues at Newcastle United, he would have £££ to spend, which is something of a luxury to him. Hes been in the Championship, Our owners don't interfere and aren't rotten to the core. 

To be fair anything to get away from Mike Ashley would be a bonus for him, he'd probably sign for Accrington Stanley. 

I don't think he would want to manage in this shit hole of a league again, much too good of a manager to waste another year in this league.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think he would want to manage in this shit hole of a league again, much too good of a manager to waste another year in this league.

Your right. You tell me what he preferred though winning 29 of 46 games in the Championship or 12 in 38 on the Premier League or so far this season 4 wins in 22. 

The Championship is a vile league, I agree, its a pain in the ass to get out of. I just feel if we had him it would all be different. He could get us promoted and actually have real cash in his hand for players. I just feel VP is too big for DS and signings of Hause isnt great to see....we need someone to walk into our team today not in 6 months time. 

This isn't a dig at Dean Smith and our conversation is certainly for a different part of the forum than Dean Smith. 

10 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Your right. You tell me what he preferred though winning 29 of 46 games in the Championship or 12 in 38 on the Premier League or so far this season 4 wins in 22. 

The Championship is a vile league, I agree, its a pain in the ass to get out of. I just feel if we had him it would all be different. He could get us promoted and actually have real cash in his hand for players. I just feel VP is too big for DS and signings of Hause isnt great to see....we need someone to walk into our team today not in 6 months time. 

This isn't a dig at Dean Smith and our conversation is certainly for a different part of the forum than Dean Smith. 

Benitez is a world class manager, he's got higher ambitions than the championship and loads of prem clubs would be interested in him.

Benitez would get us organized, making us very hard to beat like any Benitez team and get us promoted in his first season.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Benitez would get us organized, making us very hard to beat like any Benitez team and get us promoted in his first season.

Replace Benitez with Bruce and thats what we expected from previous regime

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Replace Benitez with Bruce and thats what we expected from previous regime

Difference is Benitez actualy knows how to attack as well.

Bruce have no tactical nouse what so ever. With Bruce it's aimless hoofing and crossing hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

19 games left - He has won 1 of the last 7 - should he only get 3 more wins out of the remaining games would you expect  him to stay ?

That said we have Grealish to return - and there will be some meaningless end of season games - I think he will win some of those -so like yourself I think he will start next season.

Depends on the manner of the defeat. If they continue like the last two weeks then they may a so questions end of season.  But i do think we have absolutely no chance of going up this year now.

Therefore I see it pointless keeping boalise for example waste of money. Might as well save that money and put it towards the summer budget.

1 minute ago, Merson08 said:

There could be an argument that Bruce did make us hard to beat....were shipping goals for fun now.

I wasn't a bruce fan but people said they would rather have entertainment and I did argue that would mean conceding a hell of a lot more which we have done.

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Benitez would get us organized, making us very hard to beat like any Benitez team and get us promoted in his first seaso

Fat Sam would also do that but people would cry because it wasn't very exciting at times and apparently he is a dinosaur rather than some young exciting manager who has done f**k all. I would rather win 1-0 than lose 3-2/Draw 2-2

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wasn't a bruce fan but people said they would rather have entertainment and I did argue that would mean conceding a hell of a lot more which we have done.

Problem is we are no more entertaining than we was under Bruce, we just concede a hell of a lot more. 

3 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Fat Sam would also do that but people would cry because it wasn't very exciting at times and apparently he is a dinosaur rather than some young exciting manager who has done f**k all. I would rather win 1-0 than lose 3-2/Draw 2-2

Same.

All i want is getting out of this league by any means necessary.

Would actually be happy with Allardyce at this point.

Edited by villalad21
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

There could be an argument that Bruce did make us hard to beat....were shipping goals for fun now.

We were already shipping goals for fun before Bruce left.

Under Bruce we managed 1 clean sheet this season

Under Smith we have had 5 clean sheets.

It's not Smith that is the problem, it's the defense he has inherited from Bruce.

I actually thought that more of the the U23s would have been intergrated into the first team by DS so that’s been a major disappointment for me so far concerning Dean Smith’s short reign at the Villa.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, striker said:

I actually thought that more of the the U23s would have been intergrated into the first team by DS so that’s been a major disappointment for me so far concerning Dean Smith’s short reign at the Villa.

Takes balls to gamble on youngsters when fans are expecting top 6. I think he is too much of a coward to go for it

Everyone can see that O'Hare offer much more than Whelan. Hourihane could take the deep lying playmaker role while O'Hare being backup for Grealish.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Same.

All i want is getting out of this league by any means necessary.

Would actually be happy with Allardyce at this point.

you would be in the minority i'm afraid. even when winning games under bruce, folks were complaining about the style of play

• Like 2

Â