Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

Obviously we can’t take it to heart too much if we lose, because quite frankly, we’ve been a shambles for most of the season. I do feel though, that if we were to lose, it would be a massive downer on the day. If we win, and win well, the feel good factor from that will be unreal. This game won’t define our season, but it’s a huge game in the sense that it really could get the ball rolling straight away. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Obviously we can’t take it to heart too much if we lose, because quite frankly, we’ve been a shambles for most of the season. I do feel though, that if we were to lose, it would be a massive downer on the day. If we win, and win well, the feel good factor from that will be unreal. This game won’t define our season, but it’s a huge game in the sense that it really could get the ball rolling straight away. 

Definetely won't define our season but it's important i think in the context of the 3 games in 6 days that we put in a performance let's just say. We are notoriously bad travellers to carrow road these last few seasons and then it will be back to Birmingham then to London then again 3 nights later for another away game. I just think we will go into Tuesday absolutely buzzing if Saturday goes well. One of Smith's great strengths though is he can utilise a squad to it's fullest. Everyone feels part of it.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Definetely won't define our season but it's important i think in the context of the 3 games in 6 days that we put in a performance let's just say. We are notoriously bad travellers to carrow road these last few seasons and then it will be back to Birmingham then to London then again 3 nights later for another away game. I just think we will go into Tuesday absolutely buzzing if Saturday goes well. One of Smith's great strengths though is he can utilise a squad to it's fullest. Everyone feels part of it.

The main thing about the 3 games in 6 days is that teams above us WILL drop points.

These are the run of games we dropped points in last season and eventually cost us automatic promotion.

I'm not expecting the team to play in a completely different way but I'm hoping that Smith will at least organise them differently and lean on an attacking intent rather than a defensive policy. Over the next few games we have the chance to sort out a first eleven to move forward with, and more importantly make a statement to the rest of the Championship.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

The main thing about the 3 games in 6 days is that teams above us WILL drop points.

These are the run of games we dropped points in last season and eventually cost us automatic promotion.

I'm not expecting the team to play in a completely different way but I'm hoping that Smith will at least organise them differently and lean on an attacking intent rather than a defensive policy. Over the next few games we have the chance to sort out a first eleven to move forward with, and more importantly make a statement to the rest of the Championship.

This is not where we are now Im affraid. You talk about others dropping points like we wont.

We are about to completely change the way we approach the game, thus in all probability no one will drop more points than us (at the top of the table).

16 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Swansea play total football attacking.

They used to alright, but does Potter set his teams up like that too?  I thought he was quite a bit more ... 'pragmatic' and organised in his approach.  I could be wrong though.

19 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Got into a bit of bother against Stoke in our relegation season. It was mine and the wife’s anniversary and we were going out for a meal that night. She was all dressed up, then she had the call from me from the police station that I wouldn’t be coming home that night. Season ticket taken off me and a 3 year ban. 

Blimey mate, that sucks. Glad it’s finally done and you can go. You missed the entire of RDM, and Steve Bruce... you didn’t miss much!

Bet the Mrs was chuffed.

• Haha 2

Capture.PNG.b5383d4da52cda207eefd2bcdbcd99e0.PNG

I think Hutton will miss out giving huge chances to the full backs he goes with.

Can't get it out my head that El Ghazi will come on and score.

Going to have to bet on it. Apologies Anwar.

Edited by Tomaszk

Officials are :

ANDREW MADLEY with Mark Russell and James Wilson
Fourth Official: Sebastian Stockbridge

Andrew is a regular for us.

In 8 matches he has refereed since we were relegated, we've yet to lose.   His 1 match so far this season was the opening day win against Hull City.

We have 5 wins and 3 draws with him in charge.