Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Less than 10 tickets left! When did we last sell out?

It just shows how big the crowds down here could be if they get it right.   Some existing football and a successful team would still generate some massive crowds at Villa Park.

I know we didn't regularly sell out under MON but the football was not exactly breathtaking and it never felt quite right.  Every time we sold out we seemed to lose!  I certainly never felt we would sustain it.

Hopefully this time the 42,000 like what they see and come back again and again.

On 11/10/2018 at 13:17, Stevo985 said:

This.

Except Hutton at left back and Neil Taylor shot from a cannon into the sun.

I dont think Hutton will be a starter under Smith.  Smith likes his l&r backs to get up and down.  Hutton isnt able to get back down the pitch now when he attacks.

21 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I dont think Hutton will be a starter under Smith.  Smith likes his l&r backs to get up and down.  Hutton isnt able to get back down the pitch now when he attacks.

Yeah but the alternative is Taylor.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:51, GingerCollins29 said:

Will this be moved for tv?

Sadly not, we face a fixture rash after the international break with three games in 6 days. I guess it would be too late to dick around with the timings for Saturday now.

Going to be an amazing afternoon, win, lose or draw. A farewell to Doug, and a welcome for Dean.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Another 1k tickets on sale in the trinity upper. They obviously didn’t release all the tickets in one go. Think it will still sell out. 

Yeah got released online at 17.00pm,

Apparently they still give Ex-ST holders that re-located first refusal on there old seats (when it opens) before general sale, so all these new releases are Ex-ST seats. 

just over 700 left now. 

Edited by Kingman

On 11/10/2018 at 19:26, blandy said:

Yeah, though I suppose there's hope that a new manager will allow him to regain confidence, concentration and competence. He was OK (no more) till he broke poor Osman's leg so badly, playing for Wales against Scotland. Been bobbins ever since.

On 11/10/2018 at 23:32, robby b said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, he's probably scared to go into tackles now since that awful tackle on Osman, that broke his leg. I watched that game, what a nightmare moment. : ( Maybe occasionally a leg break tackle can turn out to be more or less career-ending for both players in the tackle.

I thought it was Coleman against Ireland? Or has he actually done it twice then?