Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

I suspect if he really is leaving then whoever is replacing him will already know about it and will probably be also identifying targets for us, Suso himself was probably doing that before he was offically confirmed. Matt Law of the Telegraph mentioned Michael Emenalo as a possible a replacement, I think it was just meant to be who he'd like, rather than something that he'd heard, but given his previous connection to Chelsea and the fact we seem to like their former members of staff, wouldn't surprise me, I'm guessing Purslow will know him.

Edited by useless

If this is the case, it's time for the board to "Flex their muscle", no cutting corners.

Try to get the best Sporting Director that money can buy.

We need to try and get the best we can from top to bottom.

• Thanks 3

On 28/06/2020 at 16:59, TRO said:

But suso does not strike me as a quinntesential DOF.

he strikes me ,more of a super agent a poor mans Mendes.

If Smith had a good DOF he could talk to or a Knowledgeable Diretor like Steve Stride, he may have made better decisions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

The trouble is as a group, owners, directors, recruitment, coaches, even Doris is having to use Earl Grey, are all relatively inexperienced as far as PL and/or working together as a team is concerned. We often talk about players needing to gel, but that’s also applicable to many other jobs within the club. That doesn’t excuse people for not performing but it does offer some mitigation. 

The owners have to look at the broad picture and then try to identify the parts that have been individually most damaging. They’ve even got to assess where they’ve made mistakes and try to correct them too. No one individual is entirely to blame, but I doubt all will survive the inquest, without seeing a P45. 

• Like 3

I have expressed my concerns with his appointment nearly two years ago. I wanted him to prove me wrong, sadly he didn’t.

On 16/10/2018 at 20:54, Reivax_Villa said:

I am not sold on this guy as I have mentioned many times in this thread but we shall see.

I am hoping that further appointments are made to help him fulfil his day to day work

Moving forward we should be looking for someone who is innovative and is able to build a team to support the manager and the club.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was actually reading about a scout at Celtic during Neil Lennon's first spell today. Found likes of Van Dijk and Dembele for cheap fees and Celtic made massive profits on those two so there's one who's got a good hit rate.

Is that John Park? Remember watching a tv show about celtic and recruitment and he was mentioned a lot. seems to be out of a job now as well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Is that John Park? Remember watching a tv show about celtic and recruitment and he was mentioned a lot. seems to be out of a job now as well

Yep! He said he left them after Rodgers came in and replaced him with a guy he'd worked with at Liverpool so available and one of the better options out there given all the bargains Celtic have picked up in last decade.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Suso the sacrifical lamb. Nothing will change significantly until we change our mindset regarding transfers and thinking we can create a premier league wonder team signing players with limited top level experience. It didn't happen under Lambert and won't happen with this policy.

Let's see how Brentford get on if they get promoted!

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If this is the case, it's time for the board to "Flex their muscle", no cutting corners.

Try to get the best Sporting Director that money can buy.

We need to try and get the best we can from top to bottom.

spacer.png

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He will be part of our all singing all dancing Championship squad of 20-21 and become a world beater...  you'll see.   

I thought his agent was already looking for a way out for him? To Turkey or somewhere?

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

So I reckon this confirms the fact that just surviving wasn't the club's goal? Its just, instead of Smith getting the blame they're putting it on Pitarch. 

I genuinely dont think the aim was ever 'just survival'. I think, with the money spent, the owners were targeting a 10th-15th place finish. Obviously, that target has now changed and staying in the league is all that matters but I can't see the owners being happy with how things have panned out at all.

There seems to be a lot more noise being made now about our recruitment and how utterly disastrous it was so I expect Pitarch will leave under a cloud and we'll bring the next person in to pick up the pieces.

Our recruitment as a whole over the past 10 years has been woeful. We just can't seem to get it right. 

• Like 2

Â