Jump to content
alreadyexists

Jesus Garcia Pitarch

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

100%

That's where having Wes learning to play football while in the 1st XI has very nearly killed us.

We should have got loads more points this season and would have if we had a striker who knew where to be and how to hold the ball.

The worst and most expensive of a terrible bunch.

Benteke was on same amount of goals at this stage of season in debut season and getting slated by many. 

Our biggest problem is goals conceded yet Mings Heaton and Terry have been free from criticism all season even when the 2 former make mistakes that cost us in games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Benteke was on same amount of goals at this stage of season in debut season and getting slated by many. 

Our biggest problem is goals conceded yet Mings Heaton and Terry have been free from criticism all season even when the 2 former make mistakes that cost us in games

Not sure what you want me to say to this? Do you think Wes is better than Mings? I don't.

I don't care how many goals Benteke had once for us.

I don't care how many Wes has right now. Performances for me please.

He's been wandering round away from where the ball is and where it's going all season. When he does get it he's largely been rubbish. People can dispute it all they want by looking at other players and lists of stats but that won't mean Wes has been good. Well I suppose it could for some, dunno. It's a shame he's injured just as we changed to a formation that might have helped him, but I think most strikers would do better having Jack Grealish right up next to them than not.

Mings would be better if he stopped losing the ball on the edge of our area yes. I still think he's a good player and important for us.

Heaton is the best keeper Villa have ever had ability-wise I think. Yep. Ever. Him being out for the season has knocked me into thinking we're going down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Benteke was on same amount of goals at this stage of season in debut season and getting slated by many. 

Our biggest problem is goals conceded yet Mings Heaton and Terry have been free from criticism all season even when the 2 former make mistakes that cost us in games

Just because we’re conceding too many goals doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the defence that is the problem. If you keep gifting the opposition possession and set pieces in your own half, your defence will eventually be breached, no matter how good they are.

Mings hasn’t been free from criticism at all - read his thread. Heaton doesn’t deserve any criticism except for one goal vs Bournemouth.

Terry... nobody knows what he’s actually doing, hence the lack of criticism.

And we have the same problem with Suso. He hasn’t been here very long, we haven’t heard any insider sources in the press on him, so really we’re all clueless. We don’t really know what his brief is. Wesley would have been a perfectly fine signing if we’d brought in a more conventional striker as well. Were we screwed over by a selling club on deadline day? Who knows?

Until anyone credibly explains what’s actually gone on behind the scenes this season, I’ll reserve judgment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's been made clear from day one numerous times. Even multiple interviews with Smith where he outright says it

Konsa and Jota were Smith. Absolutely. Perhaps even Targett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Konsa and Jota were Smith. Absolutely. Perhaps even Targett.

Smith said he gave Konsa and Engels names to Suso and was lucky to get them. Levy does the transfers for Spurs but undoubtedly gets some requests from whoever the manager is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not signing another striker was an issue which we all knew but I was pleased with the summer business and it remains that way, I moan at them but I'm certain there's decent players here. If it doesn't work out and we do go down I'd expect most will go on to better things than Aston Villa. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our problem now is that we will have to pay big for a striker who will the insist on a lower buyout clause if we go down. Dont think our board be keen to sign off on that 

It will be either an uncut gem, an experienced head or a down on his luck striker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Personally given funds and what we spent I'd have gone for:

Maupay instead of Wesley

Billing instead of Luiz

Saint-Maximin instead of Trez (he cost more but can put in some of the savings from signing Maupay instead of Wesley)

Would have also tried harder to sign Kalvin Phillips. I wouldn't have spent £17m on Targett either.

Would you have said these at the time?

I mean I don't disagree with the players mentioned being good enough, but just wondering if you'd have had the same opinion at the time? It's easier to say with retrospect

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Would you have said these at the time?

I mean I don't disagree with the players mentioned being good enough, but just wondering if you'd have had the same opinion at the time? It's easier to say with retrospect

I think a lot of VT'ers trusted the owners and the scouting network to get the right players in. It's always exciting signing foreign players with fancy names. It just turns out all the one's we signed were rubbish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Would you have said these at the time?

I mean I don't disagree with the players mentioned being good enough, but just wondering if you'd have had the same opinion at the time? It's easier to say with retrospect

I was on here bigging up Maupay in the summer every opportunity I had. I also mentioned Billing a few times. Accept that Saint-Maximin is a retrospective suggestion though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way people go on about Maupay you would think he has 20 goals this season, seen him twice now and is like 2nd coming of Paul Dickov

Phillips is another I dont buy into, somebody said Bannan destroyed him at the weekend and few weeks back some Preston gut dominated him in midfield. So not surprised on Bannan story

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The way people go on about Maupay you would think he has 20 goals this season, seen him twice now and is like 2nd coming of Paul Dickov

Phillips is another I dont buy into, somebody said Bannan destroyed him at the weekend and few weeks back some Preston gut dominated him in midfield. So not surprised on Bannan story

Bannan has very clever movement and his range of passing is outstanding. Tbh he could be playing in a much better team and would only improve with more skilled players around him.

Bannan's heat map from Leeds vs. Wednesday:

 

72242519_BBheatmapvVilla.png.aa5acff9b30ebcd000e4510623d79d3e-116x93.png

(I can only upload pictures up to 0.01MB?)

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

 

Bannan has very clever movement and his range of passing is outstanding. Tbh he could be playing in a much better team and would only improve with more skilled players around him.

Bannan's heat map from Leeds vs. Wednesday:

 

72242519_BBheatmapvVilla.png.aa5acff9b30ebcd000e4510623d79d3e-116x93.png

(I can only upload pictures up to 0.01MB?)

Looks like a luminous KKK member.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Looks like a luminous KKK member.

Sheev Palpatine surely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think a lot of VT'ers trusted the owners and the scouting network to get the right players in. It's always exciting signing foreign players with fancy names. It just turns out all the one's we signed were rubbish. 

Or maybe we are rubbish, or the coaching/set up is rubbish, or it’s too much at once, all just as it was in 14/15. Look at those ‘rubbish’ players now?

McGinn hasn’t set the world on fire this season despite a good start to the prem, and we all think he is OK.

I find it strange that we are so terrible at set pieces, and also attacking and defending corners, maybe even taking penalties. You just sometimes wonder if the coaching isn’t all that we imagine that it is? For example, Southgate identifies this area and drilled the Euro squad for just this, to great success, and with very little time with a group of strangers.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we got promoted in the summer and signed an entire team? 

Time is fast running out to get a striker in though. I'm starting to get ansty, next week is huge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Or maybe we are rubbish, or the coaching/set up is rubbish, or it’s too much at once, all just as it was in 14/15. Look at those ‘rubbish’ players now?

McGinn hasn’t set the world on fire this season despite a good start to the prem, and we all think he is OK.

I find it strange that we are so terrible at set pieces, and also attacking and defending corners, maybe even taking penalties. You just sometimes wonder if the coaching isn’t all that we imagine that it is? For example, Southgate identifies this area and drilled the Euro squad for just this, to great success, and with very little time with a group of strangers.

Southgate!? He has the same win rate as Roy Hodgson, and has a far superior squad playing against mainly very poor opposition.

There are very few lessons to be drawn from his plodding, mediocre management of England, apart from how to get fawning press coverage.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thunderball said:

Or maybe we are rubbish, or the coaching/set up is rubbish, or it’s too much at once, all just as it was in 14/15. Look at those ‘rubbish’ players now?

McGinn hasn’t set the world on fire this season despite a good start to the prem, and we all think he is OK.

I find it strange that we are so terrible at set pieces, and also attacking and defending corners, maybe even taking penalties. You just sometimes wonder if the coaching isn’t all that we imagine that it is? For example, Southgate identifies this area and drilled the Euro squad for just this, to great success, and with very little time with a group of strangers.

I do worry that it seems the new players are not getting any better....Luiz seems miles away from the player that scored a worldy against Bournemouth.

I Just don't get the vibe, they will improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Suso the real deal? or just another Paddy Riley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â