Podcasts

The_Rev

Thanks for the recommendation. I've just finished Chapter 3 and have really enjoyed it so far. It certainly helped pass the time in my sweltering office the afternoon, the only thing that stopped me listening to more was the fact that I'd only put up to Chapter 3 on my ipod.

None of my podcasts are scripted/acted, they're all factual, I'm not even sure it counts as a podcast?

It was like listening to an audiobook, but i'm 3 eps in now and getting into it

Ive been listening to that zombiepodcast 'we're alive' thing

up to chapter 3 or 4 now I think, its great when work is pissing me off I just lock myself in the bog for 15/20 minutes and listen to it

So you will have met "the old man" by now.

If im going to war, that dude is coming with me.

Glad you guys like it.

99% invisible is excellent. It's only ten minutes long and comes out once a fortnight and is about design. There is an episode in the archives about how the sound for sports like rowing and horse racing is done which is especially interesting.

• 1 month later...
Just adding my appreciation to dont_do_it_doug for the recommendation to listen to 'We're Alive'. :cheers:

Coincidentally I've just posted about that in the TV shows thread.

I'll second the appreciation. I'm only halfway through but it's brilliant.

• 4 months later...

I've gotten into The COmplete Guide to Everything.

Pretty mindless and probably isn't for everyone but I enjoy it. Gone through pretty much their whole back catalogue (what's available anyway)

I'm also a late convert to the Football Ramble. Bit more light hearted than Football Weekly but hilarious at times. I'd still prefer Weekly but the Ramble is really good too.

The official breaking bad podcast is interesting, normally over 90 mins long and talks about the technical side of shooting as well as the story lines and characters

Joypod has entered my regular listening list. Has it's poor moments (phone-in bits mostly - never, ever good), but it's otherwise a brilliant British podcast. Been listening to the back catalogue and the recent discussion of 'Jacob's Ladder' in a car, has me looking like a crazy person trying not to laugh on the platform waiting for the train to work.

Giving up on the Bombcast. I just can't stand Klepek and **** hate everything he does on the site and he ruins what used to be a fun listen even when I had absolutely no interest in anything discussed.

He's GiantBomb's Yoko Ono. He rocks up and proceeds to sit there ruining everything.

Giving up on the Bombcast. I just can't stand Klepek and **** hate everything he does on the site and he ruins what used to be a fun listen even when I had absolutely no interest in anything discussed.

He's GiantBomb's Yoko Ono. He rocks up and proceeds to sit there ruining everything.

He is such a **** dick - any joke that gets going he ruins with his painful bullshit and his constant 6th form level inferences are beyond annoying. Everything is "interesting". Those few weeks without him were bliss.

The BBC 'Witness' podcasts are great btw. They are ten minutes long and air five days a week. They are eyewitness reports on historical news events.

Â