Ratings & Reactions: Millwall v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/18 at 22:59

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The worst thing is our problems are far deeper than any manager. We ain’t getting promoted this year with this squad. I don’t care who’s in charge. 

But wern't most people saying we have one of the best squads in the league a few weeks ago and should be doing better? Now all of a sudden they are shite and no amount of coaching will help. Christ on a bike. We are low on confidence, they need a boost, some good coaching and probably a good kick up the arse

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

But wern't most people saying we have one of the best squads in the league a few weeks ago and should be doing better? Now all of a sudden they are shite and no amount of coaching will help. Christ on a bike. We are low on confidence, they need a boost, some good coaching and probably a good kick up the arse

Yes a lot of people said that. A lot of people including myself disagreed and felt our squad was weak. 

This is telling. 

“I think there are lots of things the new manager will need to address," McDonald said. “All the players, individually, need to tidy themselves up. The team as a group need to tidy themselves up. There are individual mistakes from a different player each game. I'm sure it will get tidied up very quickly. If it does, this team will go up the table very quickly."

Not a fan of Brucey’s complacent regime, Kev?

#TidyUpVilla

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

The under-23s won 8-0 just 24 hours ago.  The junior team clinched four out of five Southern Championships between 2007 and 2012, before the format changed to the Professional Development League. The side also won the NextGen Series in 2013, a Europe-wide tournament for elite academies.  First-team players Gabriel AgbonlahorGary GardnerAndre Green and Jack Grealish all came through the youth system at the club, as well as former players Ciaran ClarkGary CahillGareth BarryThomas HitzlspergerDarius VassellCraig GardnerMarc AlbrightonAndreas Weimann and Steven Davis amongst many others. The Villa academy also developed England and Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge and Willem II midfielder Daniel Crowley.

Yeah, but apart from that...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yea, well - Apart from The under-23s won 8-0 just 24 hours ago.  The junior team clinched four out of five Southern Championships between 2007 and 2012, before the format changed to the Professional Development League. The side also won the NextGen Series in 2013, a Europe-wide tournament for elite academies.  First-team players Gabriel AgbonlahorGary GardnerAndre Green and Jack Grealish all came through the youth system at the club, as well as former players Ciaran ClarkGary CahillGareth BarryThomas HitzlspergerDarius VassellCraig GardnerMarc AlbrightonAndreas Weimann and Steven Davis amongst many others. The Villa academy also developed England and Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge and Willem II midfielder Daniel Crowley.

and the aquaduct.....WHAThas Kevin Macdonald ever done for us?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hard work will beat talent...demonstrated perfectly today.

Whether we could ever have won today with no experienced centre backs is another matter, but given over half the team weren't trying we'll never know.

They aren't fully to blame, Bruce's softly softly, no plan approach has become engrained and they won't forget that overnight.

Hopefully the new manager can get some motivation into the players, either through a philosophy they agree with or a kick up the backside

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

This is telling. 

“I think there are lots of things the new manager will need to address," McDonald said. “All the players, individually, need to tidy themselves up. The team as a group need to tidy themselves up. There are individual mistakes from a different player each game. I'm sure it will get tidied up very quickly. If it does, this team will go up the table very quickly."

Not a fan of Brucey’s complacent regime, Kev?

#TidyUpVilla

For those old enough to recall the Keep Britain Tidy ads

"Keep Villa ti'idy - it's the gig we could win!"

The alarming rate that this team surrenders the initiative is depressing.

it has put us smack bang where we started pre-Bruce......we have effectively just treaded water.....so basically all those new players have acheived nothing.

its the first thing that needs addressing.

We need a new approach and a new dawn.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kiltorken said:

Lol, yeah let's keep blaming Bruce. 

The fool who left us vulnerable  at CB because the board wouldn't let him bring his mate back?

Yeah, I'll keep blaming him for our fragile defence until the next manager has a chance to address the failings.

He doesn't get absolved of his negligence because he's been out of a job for a few days, ffs. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Exactly. Chances of that were reduced sacking bruce. Sam allardyce could do a job this season with these players and maybe get us up because of his man management skills and overall pragmatism.

Any new manager coming in with a different style and philosophy is going to need at least 12 months. Will he get that time to develop a squad worthy of going up?....not a chance with our 'expectation levels' and subsequent impatience...we are Aston Villa you know... we SHOULD be in the premiere league!!

So around and around we go

Because we need revolution in the płaying side of the club.

We have been dealing in half measures for too long.....tweaking here and there and the the platform still broken.

This needs a revolutionary approach......like Wolves did......They too were like us bumping along making convenient decisions and bringing in  players worse than we was getting rid of, because of poor coaching and poor philosophies.

Eg.....Clarke & Baker........we all thought they were not good enough, but they are better than what we have now......we can all cite further examples. steve Bruce actually admitted the club was rife with signing worse players and letting go better.

IT WAS JUST BLOODY LIP SERVICE.

and t has been for years.

We need a new radical approach.

18 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The shirt itself should be motivation enough. A team without purpose, without desire, bereft of all confidence. How as it got to this ? I wasn't Bruce's greatest fan, however, the players can not shirk responsibility for such performances. Those players are good enough to beat Millwall ,that's a fact, but you don't win any game without effort and that is the least requirement we as supporters expect. There are no excuses for that shambles today. I'm appalled at the mentality of this team , it's like Millwall could smell the weakness in our team today, and for me, that's unforgivable. 

Sheepy, we have had our differences........but that is management.

i would suspect BMH has been a holiday camp.

surrendering initiative as easily as we do.....is management, they all react to the environment they work in.

Despite my defence of him.....i think the decision was inevitable in the end.

you seen it much sooner than me.

Â