Watch this and Cry

hippo

I know that was only highlights but did Rimmer actually have to do anything in that match? Dreadful conditions but we looked to thrive in it , although I was alive then I was to young to really appreciate it all. My Uncle speaks fondly of the early 80's and the Villa.

My little lad used to have football training with Tony Morley and always asked me how good Tony was , think i'll have to show him this video later. Thanks for sharing

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I am amazed at that, god only knows where you would fit another 10,000 people in looking at those pictures.  The Holte End looks full to the rafters and none of the visible stands have got swathes of seats empty like you see now.

I wonder how accurate their counting systems were back then?

Well consulting my  'Villa Park- 100 Years' book by 1976 Villa Park had already had a computerised ticketing entry system at a cost of £32,000!

Great memories.......had just returned to live back in Birmingham from Edinburgh and remember going to all the home games that season............also meant I could keep an eye on an old Easter Road favourite in Des Bremner.

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well consulting my  'Villa Park- 100 Years' book by 1976 Villa Park had already had a computerised ticketing entry system at a cost of £32,000!

Oh yes, just found this photo of Bill Dugdale analysing the attendance stats ?

Comp.jpg

Â