The Cabbage

villarule123

9 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Cabbage was a stroke of genius.

Get the cabbage on the club crest instead of the the star!

I actually think it (and the result) meant the club had to fire Bruce a game earlier than they had planned. The would have left him there for the Milwall game but the cabbage Glenn Whelan combo left them with no choice.  

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

I hope marketing managers around the UK are paying attention - this cabbage has generated more headlines than a million ad campaigns! Wouldn't be surprised to find out it was a Paddy Power stunt like the goalie eating the pie. 

The cabbage is defintely the hero of the hour not the guy that threw it. That cabbage sacrificed itself on the alter of despair and the thrower was merely an accomplice in a cleverly thought out cunning plan. Never, in the field of human conflict, was so much owed by so many to so few.

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It’s only just occurred to me that there was a pitch invader during the game too, dropping his trousers in the middle of the pitch, showing his arse.

And no one has mentioned him. Upstaged. By a cabbage.

I like to imagine his night ending with him coming home after the game and finding his wife in bed with a marrow.

Is this true?!?! :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

5 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

Is this true?!?! :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Certainly is, the pitch invader/arse bit is anyway, Kendrick mentioned it in his post match article -

Amidst the grocery misconduct, the bare-bummed pitch invader, the red card controversy and the penalty-taker debate, there was one unavoidable truth last night.

Birmingham Mail link

• Like 1

There’s a few people asking how they got the cabbage in. I think they have too much faith in the searches. For the Wednesday game a couple of us were queueing for the lower holte entrance pat down. Mate of mine just walked straight down the middle past the two people doing the search and no one batted an eyelid. It’s not exactly Fort Knox. 

As for the the incident itself, far from being disgraceful I think it’s wonderfully immature and funny. Still makes me chuckle. But then I am a massive overgrown child. 

Edited by blunther
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, blunther said:

There’s a few people asking how they got the cabbage in. I think they have too much faith in the searches. For the Wednesday game a couple of us were queueing for the lower holte entrance pat down. Mate of mine just walked straight down the middle past the two people doing the search and no one batted an eyelid. It’s not exactly Fort Knox. 

As for the the incident itself, far from being disgraceful I think it’s wonderfully immature and funny. Still makes me chuckle. But then I am a massive overgrown child. 

But he must have had a contingency plan.

He didn’t just walk in with a cabbage under his arm, he had to give it some consideration at home.

Staring at himself in the mirror, cabbage placed on his bed. “Right, under the jumper? Just looks like I’m fat? In my trousers maybe? They won’t look there. Do I need to go commando to give me more room?  Have I picked too big a vegetable? Maybe I need to walk around the house to see if anyone notices...”

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

But he must have had a contingency plan.

I think it's clear what the strategy employed was, The Peru Principle. Just as those mules, The Peru Two, were used as a sacrifice to let the real key players through the security checks, so did the Pumpkin Pair.

Two guys with massive harvest pumpkins were the bait for the amateur security detail, allowing our hero Captain Brassica, The First Of His Name, Duke Of Savoy and The Aston Avenger, to regally glide by to complete his mission before being swallowed and protected by his thousands of supporters.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, blunther said:

I've hardly ever been searched going into the ground. I did the last time I went though, for the Middlesbrough playoff game. I'm not sure he even touched me, just made the actions as the queue was so big approaching kick off.

Â