The Cabbage

villarule123

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Maybe the fan brought it in honour of our legendary striker Savoy Milosovic?

Olof Iceberg?

(yeah I know that's lettuce, wanna fight about it?)

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I knew it was Bobo all along.

antony-kaminju-fan6.jpg

Look at the newspaper headline!   It was Benni McCarthy!!  Still aggrieved that we never signed him and finally released from Julie B's basement.    Or is he grassing up Julie B??

So how does the guy actually get in with a cabbage, it was in my section so he went through the same turnstile as me I presume.

Also, there are people around me who come in with flasks, biscuits, bottles ( not subtly but just stroll on down to their seats with bags of the stuff.

I can't even get in with a half open can of pop. How does that work? Really, I want to know now. It's bullshit.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So how does the guy actually get in with a cabbage, it was in my section so he went through the same turnstile as me I presume.

Also, there are people around me who come in with flasks, biscuits, bottles ( not subtly but just stroll on down to their seats with bags of the stuff.

I can't even get in with a half open can of pop. How does that work? Really, I want to know now. It's bullshit.

Bildresultat för fake stomach

• Haha 1

Surely a lemon, or a piece of fruitcake would have made more sense?

Cabbage, strange choice. ?Or maybe that was the point, cabbage is a strange choice, some of you think some of Bruces selections are strange?

All makes sense now 

Edited by Cjay

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You must have a suspicious face 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think I've ever had them look twice when I've walked in with food/drinks in my bag. You must look like a right shifty sod. :P 

It's not likes cabbages are on the list of prohibited items.

7. The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

I suspect they'll use the incredibly vague 'article that might be used as a weapon' to start confiscating cabbages if anyone else tries it.

Edited by Davkaus

Fake News!

That cabbage was no where near Bruce. It's not even a vegetable really. It was just on holiday in Birmingham and fancied a trip to Villa Park for the night as it's internationally famous for it's predictable score draws against every team in the division. The cabbage was just a tourist and is distraught that it is being implicated in this incident...

‘IT WAS A BIG ONE!’ – FOOTBALL PHOTOGRAPHER GIVES DETAILED EYE-WITNESS ACCOUNT OF STEVE BRUCE CABBAGE INCIDENT AT VILLA PARK

Look alive people, there’s been a development in the ongoing Odyssean saga of Steve Bruce and the Wayward Cabbage.

We now have an eye-witness account of the incident thanks to Tim Harley-Easthope, a photographer with BirminghamLive who was stationed right next to the blast zone when the aforementioned leafy green missile was hurled from the stands at Villa Park on Tuesday evening.

Recounting the ordeal to BirminghamLive, Harley-Easthope spake thus:

I was standing by the dugout on the walkround at the side of the pitch. I was standing there waiting to take pictures of Steve Bruce and Alex Neil walking up to us. I was about two yards short of the dugout.

This bloke started ranting and raving. I was taking pictures of Bruce and then I felt this object brush past me. It landed on the floor just in front of me.

This bloke was irate and was hurling abuse at Bruce. He said something along the lines of, ‘You’re a f**king disgrace’, after he’d thrown the cabbage.

Bruce and [assistant manager Stephen] Clemence saw it and they both stood and glared at this bloke and shook their heads. The bloke ran up the steps and into the concourse.

Grilled about the requisite heft of the catapulted cabbage, the photographer replied:

It was really heavy. When it hit the floor you felt the thud. Had it hit him on the head, or me on the head, it would have done some damage.

It was as heavy as a house brick – it was a big one!

And to think we scoffed at the thought of a vegetable being thrown in disgust. Little did we know it was a big cabbage.

Honestly, it’s a wonder that everybody managed to escape without serious injury.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/aston_villa/278608/it-was-a-big-one-football-photographer-gives-detailed-eye-witness-account-of-steve-bruce-cabbage-incident-at-villa-park.html

Â