Pre-Match New Dawn Patience

Raver50032

So, based on the absence of any serious replies.  I take it nobody has a clue how this bunch plays?  I hope that KMac has a better idea about the opponent. 

I was gonna take a stab at a line-up.  But I don't know how to even begin to pick a defense when there is no idea how the opponent plays.  if they try to go long over the top to a fast forward Jedi would be a disaster.  If they play down the wings, we can't get away with three at the back.  

In an ideal world, a team is strong enough that you just set them out in the way they do best.  Nuff said about that. 

We have to set up with an eye to using our 7 right backs to effectively address the opponent's style, without playing all 7 plus Whelan and parking the bus.

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So, based on the absence of any serious replies.  I take it nobody has a clue how this bunch plays?  I hope that KMac has a better idea about the opponent. 

I was gonna take a stab at a line-up.  But I don't know how to even begin to pick a defense when there is no idea how the opponent plays.  if they try to go long over the top to a fast forward Jedi would be a disaster.  If they play down the wings, we can't get away with three at the back.  

In an ideal world, a team is strong enough that you just set them out in the way they do best.  Nuff said about that. 

We have to set up with an eye to using our 7 right backs to effectively address the opponent's style, without playing all 7 plus Whelan and parking the bus.

Don't blame ya, i'm sure they'd love to do the same to ours. :D 

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'd be like a Tyson on roller-skates. Massive punches but no ability to land them.

That's given me an idea... Maybe we'll concede a bit less if our defence plays in roller-skates. In the FA rules it might not specifically say anywhere that defenders aren't allowed to wear roller-skates. 

Edited by robby b

Quite hard to call this one, I’ve no idea what K Mac will do... maybe:

Bunn

Elmo      Tuanzebe        Bree          Hutton

Adomah     Hourihane   McGinn    Bolasie    

Grealish     

Tammy

no Kodjia.... but we’ll see

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Quite hard to call this one, I’ve no idea what K Mac will do... maybe:

Bunn

Elmo      Tuanzebe        Bree          Hutton

Adomah     Hourihane   McGinn    Bolasie    

Grealish     

Tammy

no Kodjia.... but we’ll see

Is Kodjia injured?

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s on form, we can anihilate teams, one of the first names on the teamsheet for me

Who to leave out? Maybe a mid and forward line of:

Bolasie  Hourihane  McGinn  Kodjia 

Grealish      

Tammy

that could be good?

I think we need to put out an attacking line-up. It suites an interim manager, gives players an opportunity to show a potential new manager what they can do and get rid of a bit of negativity from the fans. 

We've also got a squad capable of scoring goals and that is hopeless in defence, especially without Chester (although I have not been impressed with him this season).