Elon Musk

sne

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Has it got the stupid split rear screen on the 5?

We've got a load of 4s and the rear split screen is highly irritating

No, no split screen image below (not my car I hasten to add), and I read that Hyundai will be offering a rear wiper in the future probably as an option though.

IONIQ 5 - sunset home.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Am I reading that right @Sid4ever no wiper, so what does it do if its mucky? Does it have a rear camera instead? 

Has front, side and rear cameras, so parking/reversing is fine.  Driving down the road looking in your rear view mirror to see out the back window, filthy as muck.  Rear wiper according to Hyundai would have increased drag and reduced range, and they didn't feel it needed it.

• Shocked 1

Another strong plus point for Tesla is their charging infrastructure. Way ahead of everyone else.

Not that I would be in the market for an EV for a while, but if I was it would be a Hyundai Ioniq 5 like @Sid4ever has. I think they look fantastic. I also like the look of the Honda E as well. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Another day, another law suit. This time he's sued the Swedish state in an ongoing battle against workers unions in Sweden. Swedish postal service are refusing to deliver registration plates to Tesla.

THAT IS WHAT THE CONFLICT IS ABOUT

The conflict between Tesla and the Swedish trade union IF Metall is about Tesla's refusal to enter into a Swedish collective agreement.

Since October 27, there has been a total shutdown at all Tesla workplaces in Sweden. Tesla is available in Umeå, Uppsala, Stockholm, Örebro, Norrköping, Gothenburg and Malmö.

On November 3, garages servicing Tesla joined. There, work continues with other brands, but the workshops do not accept Tesla cars. Since then, the conflict has escalated.

IF Metall is now supported by several other unions that have introduced sympathy measures.Part of that is the trade union Seko and ST's blockade of Postnord, which means that all deliveries of registration plates for new Tesla cars have been stopped.

In addition, several Swedish ports are involved in the conflict. Tesla cars that come to Malmö, Trelleborg, Södertälje and one of Gothenburg's ports are simply not unloaded.

https://www.expressen.se/ekonomi/tesla-stammer-svenska-staten/

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Another day, another law suit. This time he's sued the Swedish state in an ongoing battle against workers unions in Sweden. Swedish postal service are refusing to deliver registration plates to Tesla.

https://www.expressen.se/ekonomi/tesla-stammer-svenska-staten/

American right wingers are interpreting this tweet as a call to kill.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

American right wingers are interpreting this tweet as a call to kill.

Maybe he's been listening to old Refused songs and has become far left straight edge instead?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

FB_IMG_1701100115760.jpg

I’d read he had a falling out with his father when he moved to the US to go to university. He didn’t get his money from his parents as far as I’m aware?

I think he was on a programming team for a tech startup that got bought up during the dotcom boom in the late 90s and he rolled that money on a number of times over to companies that also got big payouts. 

Edit: Here is the article I read.

When he was 17, Musk left college and moved to his mother’s home country, Canada, later obtaining passports for his mother, brother and sister to join him there. His father did not wish him well, Musk recalls. “He said rather contentiously that I’d be back in three months, that I’m never going to make it, that I’m never going to make anything of myself. He called me an idiot all the time. That’s the tip of the iceberg, by the way.” 

…..

But there was another side to Musk’s father that was just as important to making Elon who he is. “He was such a terrible human being,” Musk shares. “You have no idea.” His voice trembles, and he discusses a few of those things, but doesn’t go into specifics. “My dad will have a carefully thought-out plan of evil,” he says. “He will plan evil.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20200817165150/https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/elon-musk-the-architect-of-tomorrow-120850/

Edited by LondonLax

Currently in Israel doing damage control and proving he's not an anti-semite being herder around a kibbutz that Hamas attacked.

Edit: Comments to this video are quite something

Edited by sne

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They seem a lot nicer than the comments he’s copping on Twitter 🤣

I lkie that they seem to have given him a bulletproof bra rather that a vest. Looks absolutely tiny on him

Edited by sne

5 hours ago, Jon said:

I can never work out if he's autistic or just a massive bellend. 

Or both. 

What dont you like about him?

One thing i dont like about him is how little he pays his employees despite how wealthy he is. Same with amazon guy

On 27/11/2023 at 19:21, sne said:

Currently in Israel doing damage control and proving he's not an anti-semite being herder around a kibbutz that Hamas attacked.

Edit: Comments to this video are quite something

On 27/11/2023 at 19:39, sne said:

I lkie that they seem to have given him a bulletproof bra rather that a vest. Looks absolutely tiny on him

It's only there to protect his testicles. That's where they're located on him. 

• Like 1

Â