Elon Musk

sne

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

The man is an utter word removed to the women that have been in his life but you know rockets. 

He can't have been THAT bad, one of 'em married him twice! ?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's like nost popular things innit?

1. unknown

2. a little bit known, he does cool things so he's really popular with those few that know him

3. fame spreads, profile increases, WOW ROCKETS!!

4. Appears in popular TV show mocking himself, haha he funny. 

5. Over population and saturation in media

6. Dirt gets dug up

7. Calls a bloke a paedo when he shouldn't

8. It's now popular to "hate" him. 

For what it's worth, I think some of the stuff he's done is absolutely amazing.  I don't care how or where he got his money, but he appears to do cool stuff with it.  He shouldn't have called the bloke a paedo.  He smoked pot, I don't care.

He was a rocket polisher way before the pedo incident (literally :D )

Read about how he has been treating workers for years here and his union busting efforts here.

But I guess it's just cool to hate on the super cool rocket man now.

Edited by Keyblade

On 30/09/2018 at 19:51, Nigel said:

I think he maybe on the spectrum (IMO), nothing wrong with that , but it may hinder his ability to be a people person.

Sounds plausible.  A controlling person with issues about self control.

I'm no psychiatrist, buf if I were, my diagnosis might be something like "Bright lad, mad as a box of frogs", but phrased more obscurely.

• 1 month later...

Interesting guy who holds some views which have made me stop and consider things.

He preferred Edison to Tesla, because Edison was able to market ideas and bring them to people where Tesla didn't. Holding that view says something about Musk for me. Initially it didn't sit right with me as I saw it as a quantity over quality type mentality, like the concept of fashion over function was something to be esteemed for him. I see it differently now and can appreciate the value in being able to convey and deliver a product. I guess it shows his entrepreneurial traits and quality. It still surprises me that he holds this view on these two men though, Tesla didn't have the financial clout to fund his projects or defend himself over the legalities of patents.

He also believes we are more than likely living in a matrix-style simulation. I don't really want to dive into this one just at this point. But it made me think.

I know pathologising people can be considered rude and uncalled for especially when coming from someone unqualified like myself, but there is definitely a bit of madness about Musk. Probably accompanied by genius. Who isn't going to make mistakes when talking about possibilities and ideas that haven't yet been extensively explored and assessed.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Interesting guy who holds some views which have made me stop and consider things.

He preferred Edison to Tesla, because Edison was able to market ideas and bring them to people where Tesla didn't. Holding that view says something about Musk for me. Initially it didn't sit right with me as I saw it as a quantity over quality type mentality, like the concept of fashion over function was something to be esteemed for him. I see it differently now and can appreciate the value in being able to convey and deliver a product. I guess it shows his entrepreneurial traits and quality. It still surprises me that he holds this view on these two men though, Tesla didn't have the financial clout to fund his projects or defend himself over the legalities of patents.

He also believes we are more than likely living in a matrix-style simulation. I don't really want to dive into this one just at this point. But it made me think.

I know pathologising people can be considered rude and uncalled for especially when coming from someone unqualified like myself, but there is definitely a bit of madness about Musk. Probably accompanied by genius. Who isn't going to make mistakes when talking about possibilities and ideas that haven't yet been extensively explored and assessed.

He's still an arsehole.

• 3 weeks later...
Â