Pre-Match thread

John

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Small crowd anticipated tonight

Same as the Rotherham crowd I’d say. 27-28k, which isn’t too bad considering. Our crowds seem to be better this season for some reason. The away support is still going strong too. 

It’s already been mentioned, but I think Preston are better than their position suggests. They are missing key players this season too. This will be a lot tougher than the Rotherham game. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

47 minutes ago, villaglint said:

No but Bruce emailed his notes to the media bods.

- Preston are a good side, (insert managers name) has done a great job up there. We'll have to be at our very best to beat them.

- People seem to forget we lost 6/7/8/9 players from a squad that got promoted last year (mumbles something about 1 game and Fulham).

- Over the summer this club was on its knees. Its fantastic for everybody what the new owners have done. They've breathed new life into the club. 

- Going to take time, like he is starting again, from scratch as though the last few years never happened. 

- No doubt we'll be there or thereabouts. We've got good players. 

- Did I mention I've been promoted four times. 

Don’t forget an old, tired cliche that implies wisdom. “It’s always darkest before the dawn” etc

I expect beuce will also take a dog at the fans if he wins tonight with something like "Will shut people up"

What he should be saying is he hopes we continue that form so he can us back ovee again.  Turning o in your fans is never a good idea

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

No but Bruce emailed his notes to the media bods.

- Preston are a good side, (insert managers name) has done a great job up there. We'll have to be at our very best to beat them.

- People seem to forget we lost 6/7/8/9 players from a squad that got promoted last year (mumbles something about 1 game and Fulham).

- Over the summer this club was on its knees. Its fantastic for everybody what the new owners have done. They've breathed new life into the club. 

- Going to take time, like he is starting again, from scratch as though the last few years never happened. 

- No doubt we'll be there or thereabouts. We've got good players. 

- Did I mention I've been promoted four times. 

.....nearly 5

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am going to-night with no expectations whatsoever.

......There that should please the media.

Do you have shares in punctuation marks by any chance? Never seen someone use so many full stops. 

(Just kidding) ;)

Edited by One For The Road
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Do you have shares in punctuation marks by any chance? Never seen someone use so many full stops. 

(Just kidding) ;)

Its just my style....no connection with proper grammar.

some poster tore one off me many moons ago,in the name of correct grammar,it obviously worked.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

Haha. Fair enough. You may continue..... ;)

Thank you.

If it bore or irritates you, just tell and friend and not me,as I am a sensitive soul.

look you have made me use 2 comma's?

?

• Haha 1