Contracts (Squad list)

Hornso

From the list of players who are out of contract at the end of the season, I'd keep the following;

Jack Clarke, Harvey Knibbs, Kelsey Mooney, Easah Suliman, Mitchell Clark, Harry McKirdy and Callum O'Hare.

Getting rid of the rest who are out of contract, and the loans in, would save something in the region of £380k a week in wages alone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

El Ghazi, Whelan, Hutton, Albert, Jedinak, Elphick, Richards & De Laet all gone this summer. Pretty much the only thing to be happy about being a Villa fan these days.

I make that about £250k per week in wages alone!  Crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

If we don't offer contracts to Bunn, Hutton, Elphick, Jedinak, Richards, De Laet, and Whelan, we'll save approx. £ 225 thousand per week. Add the money for the loanees El Ghazi etc ( £124 thousand per week). That's a total of £ 349 thousand per week. That's just over £ 18 million pound per year in wages alone being saved. Absolutely fecking crazy amounts!!!!!!

On 19/02/2019 at 09:48, villa89 said:

El Ghazi, Whelan, Hutton, Albert, Jedinak, Elphick, Richards & De Laet all gone this summer. Pretty much the only thing to be happy about being a Villa fan these days.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c812a2d3738546445

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Erm. We lost £36m and those wages are still less than the parachute payments. 

Therefore we will still lose £36m again next year. 

Also if all those players wages is only £12m and they represent the Lions share of the big earners, where is the other £50 or £60m going? 

McCormack, Lansbury, Taylor, Kodjia, Elmo, Bjarnason, Hogan, Chester and Grealish would be my guess as to where a lot of the money is going out of the players that are left,  Can't imagine anyone that arrived in the summer on a permanent to be on massive wages.

Other than Jack, Chester and maybe Hogan, I would think the club are looking to move the rest on in the summer, making further savings.

Shocking to think that from all the players signed since we've come down, Its probably only Chester, McGinn and Hourihane that seem to be worth keeping.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KB_Villan said:

McCormack, Lansbury, Taylor, Kodjia, Elmo, Bjarnason, Hogan, Chester and Grealish would be my guess as to where a lot of the money is going out of the players that are left,  Can't imagine anyone that arrived in the summer on a permanent to be on massive wages.

Jedinak and Whelan plus the main man Micah is still on the books

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 04:55, Hornso said:

Spreadsheet updated for loan moves, plus removed a couple of youth players no longer with the club. Added in TBC and Academy columns.

2019 (25) 2020 (16) 2021 (8) 2022 (1) 2023 (2) To be confirmed (4) Academy (19)
Jacob Bedeau Albert Adomah James Bree John McGinn Jack Grealish Isaiah Bazeley-Graham Archer, Cameron
Mark Bunn Birkir Bjarnason Lewis Brunt   Lovre Kalinic Jordan Cox Jack Birch
Jack Clarke James Chester Scott Hogan     Alexander Prosser Mungo Bridge
Tommy Elphick Keinan Davis Henri Lansbury     Jacob Ramsey Bradley Burton
Alan Hutton Jake Doyle-Hayes Orjan Nyland       DJ Campton-Sturridge
Mile Jedinak Ahmed Elmohamady Viljami Sinisalo       Charlie Farr
Harvey Knibbs Anton Hooper Michael Tait       Ben Guy
Jordan Lyden Conor Hourihane Neil Taylor       Luke Ige
Harry McKirdy Jonathan Kodjia         Charlie McConnachie
Kelsey Mooney Dominic Revan         Colin Odutayo
Callum O'Hare Gary Gardner**         Akos Onodi
Micah Richards Andre Green**         Ethan Patterson
Callum Rowe Rushian Hepburn-Murphy**         Aaron Pressley
Jed Steer Ross McCormack**         Dimitri Sea
Easah Suliman Matjia Sarkic**         Harrison Sohna
Corey Taylor Aaron Tshibola**         Myles Sohna
Glenn Whelan           Indiana Vassilev
Tammy Abraham*           Jake Walker
Yannick Bolasie*           Tyreik Wright
Anwar El Ghazi*            
Kortney Hause*            
Andre Moreira*            
Axel Tuanzebe*            
Mitchell Clark**            
Ritchie De Laet**            

Legend            
On Loan *            
Loaned Out **            

Hey Hornso, any chance of updating this? Cheers.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Adomah is the interesting one. We have a one year option to extent. If we have no money to spend will the club exercise it? Personally I'd rather release him

Take up the option but on reduced terms? Is that possible?

If it was, I’d be ok with that. As you say, it all depends on funds.

29 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Take up the option but on reduced terms? Is that possible?

If it was, I’d be ok with that. As you say, it all depends on funds.

So would ibut I doubt Albert will. I reckon he will leave and go back to boro if they don't go up. On a free I think a lot of clubs will come in for him. 

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So would ibut I doubt Albert will. I reckon he will leave and go back to boro if they don't go up. On a free I think a lot of clubs will come in for him. 

Not out of contract until the end of NEXT season, so I very much doubt he'll be going anywhere, let alone on a free.

44 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Not out of contract until the end of NEXT season, so I very much doubt he'll be going anywhere, let alone on a free.

As stated above his contract runs out this summer and we have option to either extend for a year or nit extend and release him

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Adomah is the interesting one. We have a one year option to extent. If we have no money to spend will the club exercise it? Personally I'd rather release him

Surely the best idea is for us to take the option to extend his contract and then attempt to sell him for some sort of fee? Even £500k is £500k.

Â