Contracts (Squad list)

Hornso

11 hours ago, KMitch said:

I honestly wouldn't be bothered if we let everyone in that 2019 list go, if Smith & Co. don't rate them.  I would like to try to sign Tuanzebe on a permanent, regardless if we get promoted or not, and Tammy if we go up.  The others?  I think our scouting team can find better players to replace them and fit within our budget.  This has to free up ~200k/week in wages to work with next season.

I also like that 3/4 of our long term contracts are for our best players.  The jury is still out on Hogan, though.  I still think he can come good under Smith again, but he's going to find it hard to get time on the pitch, playing behind Tammy at the moment.

Yes I am with you on this and I agree. Along with the 2019 list, I'd like us to also perminantly offload McCormack and Tishbola too which would be great.

Letting go the 2019 players (including the 2019 youth), would free roughly £240k a week in wages.

Getting rid of "Fatman and Tissue" would free up close on another £50k a week, but would cost at least 10 times that much initially, as the club would have to pay off the remainder of both players contracts. 

Savings from 2019 players per year approx. £14.5 million.

Savings from the other two approx. £ 2.5 million.(If my maths is correct)

No more Fatman or MICAH **** RICHARDS...…………..priceless!!!!!

On 04/01/2019 at 07:49, eddiemunster said:

2019 Youth 2020 2020 Youth 2021 2022 2023

Jed Steer Callum Stretch James Chester Viljami Sinisalo Orjan Nyland John McGinn Lovre Kalinic
Tommy Elphick Callum Rowe Ahmed Elmohamady Akos Onodi James Bree Scott Hogan Jack Grealish
Alan Hutton Jake Walker Birkir Bjarnason Bradley Burton Neil Taylor    
Glen Whelan Charlie McConnachie Albert Adomah Myles Sonah Conor Hourihane    
Mile Jedinak Ethan Patterson Jonathan Kodjia Harrison Sonah Henri Lansbury    
Mark Bunn Mungo Bridge Keinan Davis Tyreik Wright      
Ritchie De Laet ** Luke Ige Jacob Bedeau Aaron Pressley      
Axel Tuanzebe * Jack Birch Jake Doyle-Hayes Cameron Archer      
Anwar El Ghazi * Lewis Brunt Rushian Hepburn-Murphy        
Yannick Bolasie * Charlie Farr Anton Hooper        
Tammy Abraham * Colin Odutayo Dominic Revan        
Andre Moreira * Jacob Ramsey Gary Gardner **        
Mitch Clarke ** Ben Guy Aaron Tshibola **        
Jordan Lyden ** Michael Tait Ross McCormack **        
Kelsey Mooney ** Dimitri Sea Andre Green **        
Isiah Bazeley-Graham   Matija Sarkic **        
Micah Richards            
Easah Suliman            
Alex Prosser            
Jack Clarke            
Josef Pastorek            
Harry McKirdy            
Jordan Cox            
Corey Taylor            
Callum O'Hare            
Harvey Knibbs            
Indiana Vassilev            

Legend            
*  Loaned In          
** Loaned Out          

Did these come from the club? The Hogan end date doesn't match up with what I've got or what was reported when he signed.

On 25/09/2018 at 03:10, Hornso said:

With Jack announcing our new deal I thought I'd look at our list and see how we are positioned with our contracts. As usual there are a more than a few shockers in there but to counter that, we now have arguably our best two players tied to the longest deals at the club which is a positive. However, there certainly looks like there will a lot of turnover at the end of the season whether it turns out to be a successful one or not.

2019 2020 2021 2022 2023
Tammy Abraham* Albert Adomah James Bree John McGinn Jack Grealish
Isaiah Bazeley? Birkir Bjarnason Scott Hogan    
Jacob Bedeau James Chester Henri Lansbury    
Corey Blackett-Taylor Keinan Davis Orjan Nyland    
Yannick Bolasie* Jake Doyle-Hayes Neil Taylor    
Mark Bunn? Ahmed Elmohamady      
Jack Clarke Rushian Hepburn-Murphy      
Jordan Cox? Anton Hooper      
Anwar El Ghazi* Conor Hourihane      
Alan Hutton Jonathan Kodjia      
Mile Jedinak Dominic Revan      
Harvey Knibbs Matjia Sarkic      
Harry McKirdy Gary Gardner^      
Andre Moreira* Andre Green^      
Callum O'Hare Ross McCormack^      
Colin Odutayo Aaron Tshibola^      
Jozef Pastorek?        
Alexander Prosser?        
Micah Richards        
Callum Rowe        
Axel Tuanzebe*        
Vassilev Indiana?        
Glenn Whelan        
Mitchell Clark^        
Ritchie De Laet^        
Tommy Elphick^        
Jordan Lyden^        
Kelsey Mooney^        
Jed Steer^        
Easah Suliman^        

Legend        
? Uncertain      
* On Loan      
^ Loaned Out      

This is accurate then? Not the one posted just up a few posts.

Did we actually take up the option for Albert? Thought he was out end of season?

You would hope we can move on some of those up in the summer now like Jedi and Whelan, even if it means paying them the difference of their current wage and new wage between now and their expiry date.  That would save a few £k per week

You would hope they would be interested in moving now and getting established and playing for their new long term club.   Sadly 99% seem to prefer to sit around doing bugger all until they absolutely have to go find a new club

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This is accurate then? Not the one posted just up a few posts.

Did we actually take up the option for Albert? Thought he was out end of season?

The original post from the club said he joined on a four year deal which would make it 2020, but like you have alluded to people on here have suggested it is until 2019 which an option of 2020. The table is based on what the club originally posted.

• Like 1

Spreadsheet updated for loan moves, plus removed a couple of youth players no longer with the club. Added in TBC and Academy columns.

2019 (25) 2020 (16) 2021 (8) 2022 (1) 2023 (2) To be confirmed (4) Academy (19)
Jacob Bedeau Albert Adomah James Bree John McGinn Jack Grealish Isaiah Bazeley-Graham Archer, Cameron
Mark Bunn Birkir Bjarnason Lewis Brunt   Lovre Kalinic Jordan Cox Jack Birch
Jack Clarke James Chester Scott Hogan     Alexander Prosser Mungo Bridge
Tommy Elphick Keinan Davis Henri Lansbury     Jacob Ramsey Bradley Burton
Alan Hutton Jake Doyle-Hayes Orjan Nyland       DJ Campton-Sturridge
Mile Jedinak Ahmed Elmohamady Viljami Sinisalo       Charlie Farr
Harvey Knibbs Anton Hooper Michael Tait       Ben Guy
Jordan Lyden Conor Hourihane Neil Taylor       Luke Ige
Harry McKirdy Jonathan Kodjia         Charlie McConnachie
Kelsey Mooney Dominic Revan         Colin Odutayo
Callum O'Hare Gary Gardner**         Akos Onodi
Micah Richards Andre Green**         Ethan Patterson
Callum Rowe Rushian Hepburn-Murphy**         Aaron Pressley
Jed Steer Ross McCormack**         Dimitri Sea
Easah Suliman Matjia Sarkic**         Harrison Sohna
Corey Taylor Aaron Tshibola**         Myles Sohna
Glenn Whelan           Indiana Vassilev
Tammy Abraham*           Jake Walker
Yannick Bolasie*           Tyreik Wright
Anwar El Ghazi*            
Kortney Hause*            
Andre Moreira*            
Axel Tuanzebe*            
Mitchell Clark**            
Ritchie De Laet**            

Legend            
On Loan *            
Loaned Out **            
Edited by Hornso
Moved Jacob Ramsey from Academy to TBC
  • Thanks 2

it`s a real shame that we play with quite some dross game in, game out, while our younger players don`t get a real shot at trying to earn a place in the first team. Yes, O`hare didn`t have the best game of his life during our FA-cup match, but it`s not how you blood young players in. You don`t change the whole starting 11, and put alle the pressure on glueing the team together on a 19 year old. Look at Leeds with jack Clarke, they brought him on against us in the second half and let him catch us off guard with his pace and trickery. There wasen`t any big pressure on him, the were already two goals down, and anything he did would only be a positive suprise. 

I`m really scared of the thought that we could end up releasing players with real potential like O`hare, Clark, Blackett-Taylor and Bedeau, with out giving them a proper introduction to the first team and letting them try to earn their place. It truly amazes me that we haven`t tried to give the youth a more deserved shot this season, if one look at almost every team above us in the table they have given much more game time to their own players aged 21 and under, compared to us were only Bree of our own contracted players have had more than 150 min (Green has 143, and RHM has 60). I don`t think it`s because the youth players at the other clubs  inherently have a lot more potential than our own, it might seem like it now because they have got some play time, and got accustomed to the level of the championship. We should be bold, and hopefully next season we can fill up our squad and most likely our bench with hungry and proud Villa-players, instead of players only here for their last paycheck (Whelan, Jedinak, RIchards) or because we panick bought them trying to squeeze them into our team (Hogan etc). I for one think we would improve alot if we choose the first route 

1 hour ago, eddiemunster said:

On the official Villa website, there is a link showing Ramsey shaking hands with Dean Smith, and saying he'd signed a long term contract, but it didn't say how long.

Yeah, I congratulated Ramsey on Instagram and asked him how long it was for. He liked my comment but didn’t reply 😝. Long term would have to be 3+ years yeah?

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I can't believe how many players we're going to need in the summer.

Plenty of chat that promotions doesn't matter but man would it help us out with setting up the squad for the future.

A relegation scrap wouldn't surprise me next year.

Updated up to the Carroll signing (just in case there is another late announcement...)

2019 [24] 2020 [16] 2021 [8] 2022 [1] 2023 [3] To Be Confirmed [5] Academy [20]
Mark Bunn (34) Albert Adomah (31) Lewis Brunt (18) John McGinn (24) Jack Grealish (23) Isaiah Bazeley-Graham (18) Archer, Cameron (?)
Jack Clarke (19) Birkir Bjarnason (30) Henri Lansbury (28)   Lovre Kalinic (28) Jordan Cox (20) Mungo Bridge (18)
Tommy Elphick (31) James Chester (30) Orjan Nyland (28)   Frederic Guilbert** (24) Alexander Prosser (20) Bradley Burton (?)
Alan Hutton (34) Keinan Davis (20) Viljami Sinisalo (17)     Jacob Ramsey (17) DJ Campton-Sturridge (?)
Mile Jedinak (34) Andre Green (20) Michael Tait (17)     Jack Birch (18) Charlie Farr (?)
Harvey Knibbs (19) Ahmed Elmohamady (31) Neil Taylor (29)       Ben Guy (18)
Jordan Lyden (22) Anton Hooper (18) James Bree** (21)       Luke Ige (18)
Kelsey Mooney (19) Conor Hourihane (27) Scott Hogan** (26)       Charlie McConnachie (18)
Micah Richards (30) Jonathan Kodjia (29)         Colin Odutayo (17)
Callum Rowe (19) Dominic Revan (18)         Akos Onodi (17)
Jed Steer (26) Matjia Sarkic (21)         Ethan Patterson (18)
Easah Suliman (20) Jake Doyle-Hayes** (20)         Jaden Philogene-Bidace (17)
Glenn Whelan (35) Gary Gardner** (26)         Aaron Pressley (17)
Tammy Abraham* (21) Rushian Hepburn-Murphy** (20)         Dimitri Sea (?)
Tom Carroll* (26) Ross McCormack** (32)         Harrison Sohna (?)
Anwar El Ghazi* (23) Aaron Tshibola** (24)         Myles Sohna (?)
Kortney Hause* (23)           Indiana Vassilev (17)
Tyrone Mings* (25)           Jake Walker (18)
Axel Tuanzebe* (21)           Tyreik Wright (17)
Mitchell Clark** (19)           Sam Lomax? (?)
Ritchie De Laet** (30)            
Harry McKirdy** (21)            
Callum O'Hare** (20)            
Corey Taylor** (21)            

Legend            
On Loan *            
Loaned Out **            
Age (X)            

You look at the people who are out of contract this summer. Bunn, Elphick, Hutton, Jedi, Richards, Whelan. All the wrong side of 30 and probably on decent money. The wage saving alone would be huge. 

We will most likely not see Abraham or Tuanzebe after the summer either  

No matter what league we are playing in this summer is going to be a huge shake up. 

The work done this Jan is massive. Two loaned left sided centre backs with (I think) the option to buy. A new RB already organized for the summer. A new deep lying  centre midfielder who matches Smiths style of play.  

On top of this a whole host of younger players have gone out on loan to get game time. 

Overall I'm happy with the Jan window. Hoping the injury prone players can keep fit. 

O'Hare Lyden Clark Clarke blackett Taylor all off contract after this season? 

I'm hoping now that the window is over we would be handing out new contracts. Other clubs usually make the kids sign extensions and then send them out on loan. We don't want to lose a few of them and come back to bite us. Even if they don't make it here we could sell a few here and there. Madness to let a few go who actually look decent.

Â