TheAuthority

-----------------------------Nyland-----------------------

Hutton---------Tuanzebe---Chester-----Taylor

--------------------Hourihane---McGinn-----------------

Bolasie---------------Grealish-----------------El Ghazi

---------------------------Abraham----------------------------

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PieFacE said:

If anyone is feeling like me you'll be thinking we're going to get battered.

What i've come to expect from supporting Villa is to predict against what my gut feeling is.

So this is going to be a comfortable 3-0 win with Jedinak scoring a hat-trick. 

The thing about us is, as bad as we are set up and as negative as we are in our approach, the quality of our players is high, so we've always got a chance or as Bruce would say we'll be 'there or thereabouts'.  So I don't expect us to take too many dickings (matron!).  If we're going to lose, and we probably will, then it'll be by the odd goal IMHO.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

-----------------------------Nyland-----------------------

Hutton---------Tuanzebe---Chester-----Taylor

--------------------Hourihane---McGinn-----------------

Bolasie---------------Grealish-----------------El Ghazi

---------------------------Abraham----------------------------

It's time to batten down the hatches, no time for wing play.

Swap Bolasie and Ghazi for Almo and Taylor.

We drew 1-1 here last season and I would take the same result on Friday evening although we really could do with a win.

Our last league win at Ashton Gate was a 3-1 victory in 1979 (we have only made two league visits to them since). Our first ever league visit to Bristol City was a 4-2 win in 1907. The Robins have won 9 of their 42 games against us and we have beaten them 22 times. They will see two of their former favourites turning out against them in Villa shirts on Friday night with Tammy Abraham and Jimmy Danger having scored 23 goals in 41 appearances and 19 goals in 49 appearances respectively for them. They both scored goals for fun for City and it would be super nice if they could both score one against them for us in this game. Make it so lads a 2-0 win would be as welcome as it currently sounds unlikely.       

When we only have 1 win in 8 games, the last thing we need is another draw.

Had we been in decent form going into this game I probably would have accepted a draw, but we need a win. I don't think Bruce realises this though and will most likely play for a draw. It annoys me no end that he thinks our target is the playoffs and not automatic promotion with this squad. 

As a side note was listening to WM phone in earlier and Rego is really pissing me off with his constant defending of Bruce. Saying how we are only 5 points off the top.. but thats due to there being no team running away with it this year, had this been last season Wolves would have been 10 points clear by now. Then he states that we have the same number of points at the same stage as last season.. but fails to comprehend that we had a much easier start than last season, we havent played anyone decent yet! on top of that we went on to win 7 out of the next 10 games this time last year, that's just not happening this year. He's living in cloud cuckoo land. 

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The thing is, I want us to win to keep in touch with the top. Incredibly we're still within striking distance despite losing last week.

Oh I want us to win.

But I don't think we will.

On 25/09/2018 at 09:21, wilko154 said:

Elmo offers absolutely nothing, he pumps the ball long whenever he gets possesion and the ball comes straight back at us. He needs to be taken out and Bree should now be given a chance, he's young and comfortable in possesion.

2 goals & 2 assists in 9 games which is direct involvement in 26.6% of our goals and more than every other player bar Kodija (3 goals 1 assist).

Offers absolutely nothing....

• Like 1