Telltale have told their final tale

LakotaDakota

Hmm. Not sure. To me a key element of 'adventure' games is puzzle solving. Be it with words, numbers or inventory items. LiS is pure narrative and decision based gameplay. Great games, though. Oddly the one not produced by the main studio, Before the Storm, is probably the best one.

On 16/10/2018 at 13:41, hogso said:

You could do worse than given Dreamfall Chapters a go for that 'adventure' game fix. Final part of the Longest Journey trilogy, so ideally you will have played the other two first.

Funny you mentioned that, i just downloaded it last week. Graphics look dated now, but I remember being so impressed by them back in the day.

When I originally played the game it would always crash at exact the same point so I never got to finish it or play its follow up. Didn't know there was a 3rd one.

On 16/10/2018 at 10:18, Junxs said:

Their games were more like story telling than actual games, after finishing them I would think I wander what would have happened if I chose the other options but it was too much hassle to play through again.

Kind of reminded me of those adventure books from the 80s where it would ask you to turn to a certain page depending on your decision. 

Their games weren't challenging at all though, felt like i was just watching an entertaining cartoon with the odd button press.

Not much difference at all really and in all the save/side with A or B options whichever one you picked the story would ultimately play out the same. If you saved A and they died later on, B would also have died at that same point. If you went with A and B came back to hurt you later it would just be the other way around etc etc. Very few of the choices actually affected anything other than a preference of characters.

Still enjoyable enough games/visual novels though and split into nice 90 minute-2 hour segments meaning if you waited until it was all out you can play a chapter an evening or something and be done with it in a week.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Â