Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Wed

limpid

Match Polls  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/18 at 18:45

Chester gave the ball away for both goals from my view in The North Stand.  The whole defence gave the ball away countless times.  The one tactic to get it wide and cross is so easy to defend. McGinn aside that was pisspoor. Could have been 5 easily.  It’s Groundhog Day though we all see it but we just do the same thing all the time.  Decent teams expose us. Weaker teams trouble us. I cannot believe we are not better after 2 years and 4 transfer windows.  I am convinced we have good players being made to look shite by bad management and coaching.  Change that and see the difference.  

• Like 4

Had Wednesday been more clinical r[this could have been a real thrashing 2nd half - we were wide open and looked like conceding every time they attacked - you cannot get promotion with such a shambolic defence - Bruce should have been sacked several times over - the new owners must get rid now !

• Like 3

This is a reaction rather than a rating. 

It has been raining here all day. Villa put in what looks to be a fairly inept performance and lost a league game at VP for the first time in yonks. Since... oh, yes, the last time we played Sheffield-****-Wednesday*. This is a poor start to the season and it’s hard to see it getting much better looking at our forthcoming fixtures.

So I am well pissed off and it’s too early to have a drink.

Only comfort is that Solihull Moors beat Bromley 5-0 and are in the National League playoff places. Amazing! 

Also that other results today weren’t too bad from our viewpoint. Still not so far behind the promotion places although it’s hard to see at present we can start getting nearer.

As I say, just a reaction. The hours after a poor defeat are not the time to try to make balanced judgements.

* Pardon the tmesis.

Edited by briny_ear

39 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I won't get involved with all the insults and name calling and I do believe that Bruce has helped to at least stabilize the club under very difficult circumstances but recent performances are just nowhere near what we need. We have a great squad and a change of manager is critical. Thank you Steve for bringing us this far, you were close last season ( in fact missing out may have been a blessing in disguise), but now is the time to go. Act now or no promotion and a 12 point penalty next season. It's a no brainer I'm afraid

Agree

I do believe there are considerably worse managers than Bruce. However the firing of his recruiting staff is chipping away at his authority - if they don't want him as manager - put him out of his misery - he isn't suddenly going to start winning games. 

Let them jet in the overseas coach and see where that gets us. Bruce has run his course here - The new owners need to get off the fence though - I give him next weekend at the most - I m dreading a remi garde v 2 though.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let me get this out of the way:

"Sheffield United are a good side"

"The players have got to take responsibility"
"Some of these lads have only been here 5 minutes"
"Leeds lost to Birmingham, thats the Championship"
"We've got the makings of a good side, the most intelligent ones can see that"
"I've done this 4 times, I know what i'm doing"
"I'm confident we'll be there or thereabouts"
"We were one game away from promotion"
"Get behind the team or f*ck off and support the scum down the road"
"This club needs stability, they need me, changing the manager does no good"
"Who could we get?"
"Remember where we were a couple of seasons ago?"
"When I took over we were in League 1"
"The Cow jumped over the moon"
"Donald Trump"

"Forestieri was immense"

Am I missing anything?

Admit it, you hacked his phone, didn't you?

46 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Yes We too have broken FFP  rules and are likely to be deducted 12 points next season if we are not promoted. The directors are well aware!

No, the penalty for SHA breaching FFP was a transfer embargo. The potential 12 point deduction is for ignoring that embargo and signing players they were not allowed to. 

We are very unlikely to get a points deduction because we have not ignored any instructions from the EFL.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Villa put in what looks to be a fairly inept performance and lost a league game at VP for the first time in yonks. Since... oh, yes, the last time we played Sheffield-****-Wednesday*. 

You are doing QPR a disservice there my friend!  However yes we are inept in defence nobody to command the back line since JT left :(

20 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

This is a reaction rather than a rating. 

It has been raining here all day. Villa put in what looks to be a fairly inept performance and lost a league game at VP for the first time in yonks. Since... oh, yes, the last time we played Sheffield-****-Wednesday*. This is a poor start to the season and it’s hard to see it getting much better looking at our forthcoming fixtures.

Also that other results today weren’t too bad from our viewpoint. Still not so far behind the promotion places although it’s hard to see at present we can start getting nearer.

As I say, just a reaction. The hours after a poor defeat are not the time to try to make balanced judgements.

* Pardon the tmesis.

The thing is though you can't keep relying on other teams to keep you in touch.

It such a poor League this season that if Villa had played better and picked up points expected in this so called easier fixture run then Villa would be top and clear of the pack.

Bruce would get a nose bleed being top though.

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

Awful, awful performance. As ever the ball goes sideways and backwards. As ever the substitutions are reactive rather than proactive. As ever the opposition keep in our faces in midfield and we fold. Bruce has literally no idea how to change a game.

Really we were lucky not to lose by more. Ironically I could see one moment of individual brilliance getting us a point which would have papered over so many cracks which would have masked yet another shite performance. SW deserved to win and duly did.

Bruce is a manager who is taking us nowhere. Yes we will win games against better sides but we will certainly lose against worse sides. At best the direction of travel is sideways. The owners must be starting to realise he is taking us nowhere.

Finally gripe why does the Holte sing Bruce’s name at any point during the game and then boo at full time and half time? We have the players for the most part, the problem is Bruce.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Should have been sacked immediately after the Fulham no show. He simply isn’t going to take us anywhere, get rid now, and try to salvage something from this season before it’s too late.

He most certainly should have been sacked after the debacle that was the play - off final. I'll never forgive him for that.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

Yeah it’s Bruce out too for me. First time I’ve said it. 

Hate changing managers to be honest, endless transition seasons. But he’s completely clueless when it comes to getting the best out of what is a huge amount of talent at his disposal. 

The Jedinak thing and not making sure we got a CB to replace Terry was truely criminal undid the good work on every other signing. We always look likely to concede and you’ll never win games if that’s the case. 

I said to my old man 10mins before they scored that the 2nd was coming. Everyone in the stadium could see it so why didn’t he make a change. Jedinak was an absolute horror show today. 

The worst part is I don’t see them getting rid of him. Think it will have to get a lot worse to the point where the season will be gone again. 

Currently he hasn’t got a scooby what his best team or formation is. Changes it every 10mins hoping for something to work. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I said to my old man 10mins before they scored that the 2nd was coming. Everyone in the stadium could see it so why didn’t he make a change.

it wasn't the 70th minute yet. Me and my mate both sat there and said it as Bolasie went through his warm up, "he will wait until we concede."

Gutless.

Â