Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Wed

limpid

Match Polls  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/18 at 18:45

McGinn's goal papers over gaping chasms. The problem is moments of individual brilliance are the only way a team of good players with no style, identity, tactics or vision will score. It was an incredible goal but a team that should be aiming for automatic promotion should never rely on them. 

Wednesday nearly scored three times before their inevitable second, truly truly awful defensively once again. Bruce out now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let me get this out of the way:

"Sheffield United are a good side"
"The players have got to take responsibility"
"Some of these lads have only been here 5 minutes"
"Leeds lost to Birmingham, thats the Championship"
"We've got the makings of a good side, the most intelligent ones can see that"
"I've done this 4 times, I know what i'm doing"
"I'm confident we'll be there or thereabouts"
"We were one game away from promotion"
"Get behind the team or f*ck off and support the scum down the road"
"This club needs stability, they need me, changing the manager does no good"
"Who could we get?"
"Remember where we were a couple of seasons ago?"
"When I took over we were in League 1"
"The Cow jumped over the moon"
"Donald Trump"

Am I missing anything?

Maybe.

" Brexit is creating an atmosphere of uncertainty, and many of the players are questioning whether they are real or imaginary people."

" I don't care what the fans think. They are hysterical. If I was a billionaire and it was a medical condition, I would give hysteriactomies to everyone so I could concentrate on getting on with the job."

" I am afraid that a lot of the players have had their heads turned. They are considering joining Space Force."

• Haha 1

Imagine getting Bolasie on as soon as our tails were up and the whole ground was on a high. Im sick of seeing such a leaky defence. We look like conceding every attack. Where is the organisation across the whole of the side. It all seems a mixed bag of hit & hope and it proves that way every single week. Angry with it all again just hoping thats it now. This whole thing is like a broken record now. it needs changing before everyone loses the plot. 

• Like 2

I won't get involved with all the insults and name calling and I do believe that Bruce has helped to at least stabilize the club under very difficult circumstances but recent performances are just nowhere near what we need. We have a great squad and a change of manager is critical. Thank you Steve for bringing us this far, you were close last season ( in fact missing out may have been a blessing in disguise), but now is the time to go. Act now or no promotion and a 12 point penalty next season. It's a no brainer I'm afraid

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

I won't get involved with all the insults and name calling and I do believe that Bruce has helped to at least stabilize the club under very difficult circumstances but recent performances are just nowhere near what we need. We have a great squad and a change of manager is critical. Thank you Steve for bringing us this far, you were close last season ( in fact missing out may have been a blessing in disguise), but now is the time to go. Act now or no promotion and a 12 point penalty next season. It's a no brainer I'm afraid

12 point penalty next season???

Apart from McGinns goal, I can't remember coming close. A few pot shots from distance (that look good on stats) but didnt really threaten, its been like this all season.

12th and we havent played anyone decent yet, its a pathetic start. Bruce has got to go, should have gone before the international break as we've only picked up 4 points from 3 games since then - the longer we leave it the harder it will be for the new guy

3 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

12 point penalty next season???

Yes We too have broken FFP  rules and are likely to be deducted 12 points next season if we are not promoted. The directors are well aware!

Edited by pintpotvilla

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Although still only 5 points off 1st. This league really is shit. 

Yea. Was thinking midweek this is our first win in 6 league games and we were only 2 points off 2nd place. We havent actually lost any ground on where we want to be today, instead just let the trailing pack stampede all over us to get infront

Â