Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Wed

limpid

Match Polls  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/18 at 18:45

Sheff Wed with a deserved win here. We were too sloppy, and as per usual no pattern of play. Bruce might be right that they will be better given time, but I don't see this team gaining any sustained momentum with the current lack of playing philosophy. F**k am I fed up with the ridiculous crossing game. 

Too much shiny individual stuff, way to little team stuff.

• Like 1

I've put myself very much in the Bruce in camp, but I'm struggling to see how his ideas line up. Last season, it made sense. You could see how his team selections and tactics should work. This season, it just looks so disjointed. We've scraped through games, but we never look capable of dominating a game. 

4-4-2, it's meant to yeild more attacking presence, but in reality what it has done has further exposed our already soft underbelly. Jedinak is a car crash at CB and the lack of protection he is getting is scary. When you're a team that can't hang onto the ball, like we are, having 5 in midfield gives you the chance to win it back and counter attack. 

Something has to give. 

That's an awful result and another abject performance. I can see the owners pulling the trigger soon/now. I won't be devestated, but I would question who is better placed to manage us this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another tedious week coming up where Bruce apologists will tell us how he isn't the problem and how he's stabilised the club and got loads of promotions back between the wars, blah, blah **** blah.

He continues to be a millstone round the neck of this club and we will go nowhere under his management.

Get rid NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

Just now, LxYoungAVFC said:

Why do we always have to concede a goal before we start playing football?

Because the players play to a style they detest, it backfires, they get p*ssed off and for a few moments they ignore the garbage coaching and do their own thing.

Bruce supporters - "But he has 4 promotions from this league. Who are we going to get that is any better"?

Those that stick by Bruce are just as culpable as our naive owners with regard to the absolute farce we are!

SHA do us a totally unexpected favour by beating Leeds and Boro are held to a draw. We should take advantage of these situations and should be sitting 2 points off the lead this evening.

Bruce needs to go today. I hate him with a passion. Nearly as bad as McLeish and that takes some doing!

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

I've put myself very much in the Bruce in camp, but I'm struggling to see how his ideas line up. Last season, it made sense. You could see how his team selections and tactics should work. This season, it just looks so disjointed. We've scraped through games, but we never look capable of dominating a game. 

4-4-2, it's meant to yeild more attacking presence, but in reality what it has done has further exposed our already soft underbelly. Jedinak is a car crash at CB and the lack of protection he is getting is scary. When you're a team that can't hang onto the ball, like we are, having 5 in midfield gives you the chance to win it back and counter attack. 

Something has to give. 

That's an awful result and another abject performance. I can see the owners pulling the trigger soon/now. I won't be devestated, but I would question who is better placed to manage us this season. 

To be fair it's only a bit worse than last year before xmas, we suddenly wen ton a great run of results but the football was very similar to this years efforts, disjointed, look like strangers, somehow getting results with individual skill. After xmas it clicked and we gniunely looked good for a while and got great results too. That's totally **** disappeared without trace. I find it very hard to see how he's going to turn it around when he couldn't find a way to get that purple patch of form back and he's then had a summer to work on it too. 

Has to go for me, he's done some great work for us, when you think of the state we were in, but I really struggle to see him getting this squad to play to it's potential. To get promoted we need to find a way to make that happen. Sooooo, new sporting direcotor, scouting team and.... head coach and coaching staff.  

• Like 1

Â