Pre-match thread

BOF

I’ll choke on my Chilli con Carne ? tonight if we don’t win this. Also interesting if Collins makes the grade( ok different topic). Sheff Wed will start defensively which will suit us with our customary slow start so hopefully when we warm up we won’t be chasing the game. Forrestieri is a big loss for them- seems every time a ‘dangerous player’ against us is highlighted they score.

3-1 Villa 

4 minutes ago, drrotcod said:

I’ll choke on my Chilli con Carne ? tonight if we don’t win this. Also interesting if Collins makes the grade( ok different topic). Sheff Wed will start defensively which will suit us with our customary slow start so hopefully when we warm up we won’t be chasing the game. Forrestieri is a big loss for them- seems every time a ‘dangerous player’ against us is highlighted they score.

3-1 Villa 

I clicked on this thread, saw your post just as I was taking a mouthful of chilli - great, now i know we're doomed ?

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

How many extra is up there just out of interest? 5k ish?

I could be wrong but I think it’s around 6-7k in the upper Trinity. I’m basing that on our “sold out” games being around 34-35k and the full capacity being 42k.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

What was interesting in the last game was that Chester went to the right of central defence which is his preferred side on his stronger foot - Jedi was on the left. Correct me if I'm wrong but usually Chester is shoved out to the left side to accommodate Jedi and all of the other various partners he has had and that makes him far less effective.

He looked so good alongside Terry because he was able to stay on his better side. Maybe Chester on his stronger side can make up for Jedi being a weaker center back?

Or maybe play Tuanzebe there instead of Jedi?

5 minutes ago, smg said:

Or perhaps Adomah is performing well in training and is being selected on merit t ? Just a thought.

Whichever way you look at it, Bruce **** up. 

And also, the team changes again. No wonder they take time to settle. "Welcome to the Aston VIlla lotto, in goal today we have..."

Not convinced that playing Jack on the left is a permanent solution. El Ghazi, while he didn’t have a great game on Tuesday playing on the right, looked more comfortable on the left in his opening couple of games. 

Otherwise, yeah ok with the team. I think.