Liberal elite erotic spasm cheese n wine party

chrisp65

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

She only posted to give this thread a bump.

Her only viable publicity route apart from Twitter.

The mods will be all over her, posting for effect.

Not even registered and on 3 warning points.

• Haha 1

Without wanting to drag this into the realms of football… wtf is average goals per minutes played?

Both teams played 120 minutes and scored 1 goal each. Now without doing the maths and making it complicated…. They are both the same. FFS some people once voted for her as the actual leader of a political party

Just now, bickster said:

Without wanting to drag this into the realms of football… wtf is average goals per minutes played?

Both teams played 220 minutes and scored 1 goal each. Now without doing the maths and making it complicated…. They are both the same. FFS some people once voted for her as the actual leader of a political party

Over the whole tournament I suppose.  

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Both teams played 220 minutes and scored 1 goal each. Now without doing the maths and making it complicated…. They are both the same. FFS some people once voted for her as the actual leader of a political party

Reading the replies it seems she means the average score throughout the game, which would essentially mean that a last minute equaliser would be meaningless.

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Over the whole tournament I suppose.  

She can't be that f***ing stupid can she? One team would enter the match knowing a draw would be sufficient to win

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Reading the replies it seems she means the average score throughout the game, which would essentially mean that a last minute equaliser would be meaningless.

She can't be that f***ing stupid can she?

That is effectively saying the team that goes ahead first will win the match.

Did she perhaps mean xG? I know the actual words she has used don't mean xG, but m-a-y-b-e that's possibly what she meant?

Anyway, yes, stupid idea.

That one about throwing an extra ball on every 5 minutes of extra time is hilarious though, would broadcasters have to go to split screens?

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

It’s disappointing that this thread is about the Lib Dems. I was hoping for an invite.

How many MPs are the Lib Dems at now? Are they threatening to become relevant again?

No they had votes lent to them to defeat the Tories. It's been talked about since the Tory fell on his sword. 

16 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Back in the day when Trotsky was the guiding principle rather than Gramsci, and the slogan du jour was, 'smash the system', the liberals were dismissed with the sneer, that moderation just indicated a lack of principle.

It's probably still true now.

People on Villatalk aren't fond of moderate views? Rubbish. You'll see nothing but moderate, well-considered views here after every loss!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Back in the day when Trotsky was the guiding principle rather than Gramsci, and the slogan du jour was, 'smash the system', the liberals were dismissed with the sneer, that moderation just indicated a lack of principle.

It's probably still true now.

Its always been true. The LibDems are THE party of few principals, they can go on about the yellow book as much as they like, they really don't have much of a controlling philosophy, certainly not one the general public would even understand, they are the party of the disillusioned voter, the safe protest vote party

What are the LibDems good at? By-elections, they can also be good at holding on to by-election victories

What are they shit at? Pretty much everything else including actually getting their message across. Most people don't know what they stand for or what their policies actually are

(I use LibDems to differentiate as we do actually still have an actual Liberal Party that stands in elections and sometimes actually wins council seats)

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its always been true. The LibDems are THE party of few principals, they can go on about the yellow book as much as they like, they really don't have much of a controlling philosophy, certainly not one the general public would even understand, they are the party of the disillusioned voter, the safe protest vote party

What are the LibDems good at? By-elections, they can also be good at holding on to by-election victories

What are they shit at? Pretty much everything else including actually getting their message across. Most people don't know what they stand for or what their policies actually are

(I use LibDems to differentiate as we do actually still have an actual Liberal Party that stands in elections and sometimes actually wins council seats)

I always used to be amazed that so many dissatisfied Tories voted Lib Dem in the 90s and 00s without seemingly knowing that they hold very different views on a lot of issues (Europe, Civil Liberties, Policing/Law & Order,  Foxhunting,  Foreign Aid, Electoral Voting etc etc). 

They always seem to do the best in the usually fairly Tory and fairly middle class areas. Come election time I am not sure how Davey is going to answer would you ever work with the Tories again question. Whatever answer he will give they would lose votes and potential seat gains.

Â