Liberal elite erotic spasm cheese n wine party

chrisp65

• 8 months later...

A wild Chuka appears!

Truly, a man of principal.

Assuming he isn't booted in a general election in the meantime, how long until he's siddling up to the Lib Dem leadership with a knife behind his back and eyes hungry for the top job? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chucky on the radio this morning, saying he underestimated the difficulty of setting up a new party with no national infrastructure, overestimated the demand for a new party, and misjudged the available political space for such a venture.  He wasn't asked the obvious question, "You're a bit of an arse, aren't you?".

He's like one of those sad souls who get Gordon Ramsay or Alex Polizzi to come and explain to them why their whelk stall isn't working.  Best hitch a ride with someone else instead.

Wonder how the local Lib Dems will feel about being the new vehicle for his ego and ambition?  You get on and deliver the leaflets lads, I'll be busy discussing strategy over cocktails.

59 minutes ago, peterms said:

Chucky on the radio this morning, saying he underestimated the difficulty of setting up a new party with no national infrastructure, overestimated the demand for a new party, and misjudged the available political space for such a venture.  He wasn't asked the obvious question, "You're a bit of an arse, aren't you?".

He's like one of those sad souls who get Gordon Ramsay or Alex Polizzi to come and explain to them why their whelk stall isn't working.  Best hitch a ride with someone else instead.

Wonder how the local Lib Dems will feel about being the new vehicle for his ego and ambition?  You get on and deliver the leaflets lads, I'll be busy discussing strategy over cocktails.

He's definitely an arse.

No idea why the Lib Dems have let him in. It just looks bad for everyone involved really. Especially strange given they're just about to elect a new leader of their own. 

2 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

He's definitely an arse.

No idea why the Lib Dems have let him in. It just looks bad for everyone involved really. Especially strange given they're just about to elect a new leader of their own. 

Maybe Chukky will stand for leader :crylaugh:

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Maybe Chukky will stand for leader :crylaugh:

I think standing for leader would be beneath him.

He would expect to be invited to become leader, not subject himself to an election.  He's probably preparing his gracious acceptance speech right now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

No idea why the Lib Dems have let him in. It just looks bad for everyone involved really. 

I'd say the alternative plays worse narratively. 

It's pretty hard to pivot from "remain coalition, all-inclusive, middle-ground and by the way please forgive and forget our recent Tory-backing errors" to "no we are rejecting your membership because you're getting a reputation for being a bit flaky" and then straight back again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

I'd say the alternative plays worse narratively. 

It's pretty hard to pivot from "remain coalition, all-inclusive, middle-ground and by the way please forgive and forget our recent Tory-backing errors" to "no we are rejecting your membership because you're getting a reputation for being a bit flaky" and then straight back again.

I'd argue that if you're trying to rebuild trust from people like me who voted Lib Dem but ended up with Tories because of them (man, that still pisses me off to this day!), then to let someone who's on his 3rd policitical party and has technically been an "independent" in the space of 6 months is counter intuitive.

Basically, he's a snake. Only a fool would trust Chucka Ummuna right now.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Obviously even more irrelevant than ever, but news today that they've postponed their leadership election for a year.

Which means that acting leader Ed Davey (who lost last time) will have been leader for at least three times as long as the person who beat him was.

Funny old world. 

• Haha 2

Â