• Kodjia
    • Abraham
    • Bolasie (El Ghazi 72)
    • Adomah (Kodjia 80)
    • Bree (Abraham 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/18 at 14:00

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

One thing I noticed - we go from being devoid of confidence to overconfident in seconds - like a woman who's just discovered contouring. We play one decent pass, someone drops a shoulder and the next man to get the ball seems to think he has a responsibility to add something for the highlight reel. 

Mr Kodjia...that rabona...behave!

Every Rotherham player close to him I saw on the replays told him to **** right off immediately, can you imagine the kicking he'd have got for that 30 years ago?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed, it is almost more painful seeing how good some of them are and knowing that they will never collectively reach their full potential under this regime.

A better side and that match is different.

Rotherham are VERY, VERY poor.

Don't tell Derby that....you might depress them.

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The goals columns in the table make interesting reading.

Only 3 teams have scored more than us. Only 5 teams have conceded more. Not exactly what you expect from a Steve Bruce side.

Hard to believe only 3 teams have scored more when we're so bloody tedious to watch.

Nothing to worry about in this league.....only worry is us.

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

but what did you see tonight that makes you believe we will accumulate enough points come the end of the season

because you're obviously seeing something i dont, there are several better teams than us in this division

what you see on a night, is not necessarily expected to be seen over the season......our first 7 games last season proved that.

I know no one wants to hear it....but we do have many new players settling in.

It could get worse of course.....but I agree with those that suggest we play unconvincing football....the big downer for me which does seem to be consistent, is how easy and often we get caught in posession and usually get dispossed by so called inferior players....John McGinn excused.

Positives:

• Good win, because any win is good
  • 2 home debutants scoring
  • Mcginn back in the groove
  • Conor adding balance.
  • clean sheet

Negatives

• No body upfield when defending corners once again, we did do it once during the game and nearly scored.
  • We make it so easy for opposing players to close us down, get a foot in and disrupt our work....and we usually come out worse to add salt.
  • still pithering in the last third....not sharp thinking enough....predictable.
  • seem to make hard work of everything.

52 minutes ago, TRO said:

Don't tell Derby that....you might depress them.

Don't get me wrong, I noted before the match that Rotherham seem to be a totally different prospect now than they were a couple of seasons ago, better.

However yesterday they looked very poor.

Obviously us having much better players may have exaggerated that.

Maybe I should have been more specific.

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't get me wrong, I noted before the match that Rotherham seem to be a totally different prospect now than they were a couple of seasons ago, better.

However yesterday they looked very poor.

Obviously us having much better players may have exaggerated that.

Maybe I should have been more specific.

One of my major frustrations, is how we allow so called inferior players to get at us and negate our play....if we are as good as we think we are, we would be much sharper in our work....now you can blame who you like, but that's what I see on matchday.

Now ,I am no coach....but I would suspect, teams that are deemed as inferior have to use anything at their disposal to render us inoperative....usually Heart, work rate and tenacity are the main ingredients they have, They are usually combative and robust in their approach.....now we conversely have to combat that and right now I don't think we do, very well.....I don't think we did at the start of last season.....and with teams like Bolton & QPR we demonstrated again our weakness to compete.

• Like 1

For how poor they were, they shoudl have been level when they hit the side netting, should have been 1-1. They made quite a few chances and seemed to be able to ge tthe ball back pretty easily. 

We had a squad worth god knows how much more than theirs and in the end it showed, but I wouldn't call them poor really. They don't have our resources but they as a collective are more than the sum of their parts, we're not, not by miles.

10 hours ago, romavillan said:

For how poor they were, they shoudl have been level when they hit the side netting, should have been 1-1. They made quite a few chances and seemed to be able to ge tthe ball back pretty easily. 

We had a squad worth god knows how much more than theirs and in the end it showed, but I wouldn't call them poor really. They don't have our resources but they as a collective are more than the sum of their parts, we're not, not by miles.

if we're playing hypotheticals, by that point we should have been up 3 - 0 

11 hours ago, Skills said:

if we're playing hypotheticals, by that point we should have been up 3 - 0 

Yeah ok, I wan't talking about the result so much as the idea that they are a poor side, I think they don't have anything like the quality of player we do, but they are not a poor side. Hence the sum of your parts business.

Â